Saturday, 1 July 2017

Photo 32

It was Sienna's party today and family and friends were invited round to celebrate.  

I'd checked what she wanted for her birthday a few weeks ago and the options were money for her piggy bank, money so they could buy her something, a present they wanted us to buy or a present they wanted us to choose ourselves. Thankfully they didn't go for the last option as I have no idea what she already has and I'd rather be asked for something specific. 

They went for a present of their choice which made it easy, even more so because they'd set up a list on Amazon - who knew you could do such things? Anyway, there was a baby laptop toy on the list which we chose and the difference has gone into her money box. 

Thomas bought her a lift the flap book - Sophie is a great lover of books and reads her a bedtime story every night as part of her routine which I think is really sweet. Amy bought her a cuddly toy. It's a dog. They are not dog people, they have a cat but Amy says Sienna needs converting!

Sophie's Mum had made the cake and it was brilliant. She made me laugh when she confessed 'Sienna' was the third attempt because the first two had looked like trolls. The sheep is a copy of the raggedy toy that she carries around with her wherever she goes - that's Sienna not her Granny! 

The birthday girl was rather overwhelmed by the whole thing and promptly burst into tears when we all sang Happy Birthday to her. Poor Sophie, she kept apologising. I know how she feels. When Amy had her 2nd birthday party every time we opened the door she burst into tears. She then spent 2 hours telling me to "make them all go home". Kids!

                           


xxx

14 comments:

  1. Wow, the cake is amazing. Thank goodness that one wasn't getting smashed!! Great idea for the Amazon registration, that way they don't end up with stuff they don't want or need.
    Today is Canada Day and Canada is 150 years old. There are huge celebrations going on around the country. Our next door neighbour has a canada day party every year. She always invites us but we never go, mostly youngsters. It looks like she's going all out this year. It looks like she's set up for about 30 people with all the tables, chairs, umbrellas and awnings she's got set up. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain this afternoon, I hope it doesn't spoil it for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake is brilliant isn't it Janice and it's only a hobby. Yes, I'd rather Sophie and Matthew told me what they wanted than get her something she doesn't need or already has so the list was a good idea.

      Happy Canada Day! 150 years seems very young, is that some sort of official birthday? I hope the rain held off for all the celebrations and your neighbours party. It certainly sounds like she likes to get into the spirit of things. I can remember going to 2 street parties, one was for the Queen's Silver Jubilee and the other was for the wedding of Charles and Diana. The first I was OK about as I was only 10, but I was 14 when the wedding took place and it felt the most uncool thing ever to be doing! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely cake and I'm sure a great time was had by all, even Sienna bless her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the other guests enjoyed the party Tania - babies and adults alike, but Sienna was not impressed at having hordes of people stomping around on her territory bless her. xx

      Delete
  3. The cake is fabulous. Mum must be very talented.
    Birthday parties can be such fun but are, unfortunately, a little overwhelming for the small people involved.
    I would have probably been the same as Amy when I was little. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it Jules. She only makes them as a hobby and hasn't done one for years. Obviously you must never lose the knack.

      Yes, totally overwhelming for the star of the show. I've been to plenty of parties where the birthday boy/girl has really not enjoyed themselves. It's very full on and I think little ones also pick up on Mum being a bit stressed about making sure everybody is having a good time as well. xx

      Delete
  4. Our daughter did a Siennaon her first birthday Too! I think they find it strange having all the people togethet that they usually see in a different place. We're at St Annes-long story-and I'm loving it. Catriona ps cake was fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm jealous. You're in my favourite place. Are you popping in to see Camilla in her new shop? Why has she only moved 3 doors down, is it a bigger store?

      It's strange for little ones having a house full of people isn't it. All the babies there are from groups she goes to so she knew them and I've seen photos of her having a great time with them but she was having none of it yesterday.

      She was in her cot when we arrived having a bit of time out from it all but Sophie brought her down and Granny Sue got a huge smile from her, which made me feel quite smug haha.

      Have a lovely holiday wherever you end up! xx

      Delete
    2. Camilla will be my first visit tomorrow. New shop is much bigger with a potential workspace in the basement. So happy to be here-my soul lives here I'm sure.

      Delete
    3. I know exactly how you feel Catriona. I feel like I'm on a different planet over there, it is just such a happy, laid back place with lots of good memories. I love it. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my word that cake is awesome. I love the colours.

    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it Sheila. She used to make all Sophie's birthday cakes but hasn't made any for years. No doubt she will be putting her skills to use for Sienna for the next few years. xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely cake! Poor little Sienna, feeling overwhelmed by all the fuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake is fantastic isn't it and it tasted as good as it looked as well. Sienna was certainly overwhelmed by the whole thing bless her. xx

      Delete