Thursday, 8 June 2017

Photo 9

Just a quick one today as Little Miss Sienna is here. I went to Bury yesterday and bought myself a lovely new book called Wonderwoman. There's a lot of stuff in it that most of us probably already know and do , but it's nice to pick up and look through.

I have 3 hardbacks on the coffee table at the moment which is something I've never done before because I thought it would look too cluttered, but actually it adds a bit of character to the room and makes it feel more homely.

The books are Vintage Roses, The Handmade Apothecary and my new one. They are mostly full of pretty pictures with a bit of text to go with the photos. When I have a sit down with a brew for 10 minutes I've taken to choosing one and flicking through and I can't tell you how relaxing this is. It's 10 minutes of pure unaldulterated visual bliss with little snippets of information should I care to tax my brain. 

The books are strategically placed next to the truffles so if I'm feeling particularly indulgent I'll pick one of those up as well. 

I'm finding it a very nice way to unwind and I highly recommend buying what is basically a grown up picture book that interests you and losing yourself in it for a few minutes each day.   

 

xxx







9 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea Suzanne....although truffles on our coffee table wouldn't be a good idea with Smudge around....he's a little terror where food is concerned.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy is the same as Smudge but the truffles are well and truly under wraps. She lives to eat and her favourite day of the week is Thursday when Sienna comes around and drops all her food on the floor or feeds her which Sienna finds great fun. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm now imagining you sitting in your living room and rather elegantly browsing through your books. My down market version of this would be grabbing a bar of chocolate and scrolling through instagram! Your way seems much nicer. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am very ladylike don't you know Jules! Nothing wrong with a bar of choccy and instagram - you just enjoy those quiet moments to yourself any way you can. Secretly there is a lot of biscuit dunking and scrolling down on instagram as well, all is never what it seems :) xx

      Delete
  3. Provillus

    For example, why some folks get rid of hair though their relatives exhibit lush, thick locks of hair. Balding is part of life that many think it isn't possible for them to avoid. Over the last couple of years a lot was said about Provillus.

    If you prefer to discover more about the way you can begin gaining your hair back you can see Provillus site. Its results aren't instant you'll need to utilize it at least 16 weeks.

    http://healthherbs365.com/beauty/provillus-review/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, keeping the box of chocolates next to the books is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it and I really can't help it if my hand keeps slipping into the chocolate box every time I pick up a book! xx

      Delete
  5. My mum laughs at me because I keep a 'bon bon dish' on the ottoman in the living room. (She finds the whole bon bon thing hilarious, I really don't understand why). But there is something very civilised about books and chocolate just sitting there, inviting you to take one.

    Your new book sounds really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel very grown up Sadie and probably reflects my happiness in the simple things - books and chocolate truffles on the coffee table and I've made it in life :)

      I bet your Mum wouldn't laugh if you didn't let her have one :) :) :) xx

      Delete