Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Photo 29

The decorator is booked in for next week. He's doing the dining room on Tuesday and Thomas' bedroom on Wednesday. 

I didn't think Thomas would mind what colour I chose for his room so when I asked him what he wanted I was expecting him to say he wasn't bothered. I was pretty shocked when he said purple. 

He's colour blind with red and green and I know a few colours look different shades to him, so I thought he might mean more of a bluey purple, but when I showed him the chart he pointed to the brightest purple on there, making my knees buckle ever so slightly.

It is definitely not something I would have chosen but it's his room so I'm happy-ish for him to have it - on one wall. Batman and The Joker have a lot to answer for.

The name of the colour made me smile. It's called Crown Jewels. While for some it might conjure up regal images of robes, crowns and amethysts, it brings something completely different to my mind and seems very appropriate for a boy's room don't you think :)

Brace yourselves friends, there's a bright colour coming up!



xxx

12 comments:

  1. It's bright, it's cheery, it's perfect!

    Can your decorator head my way when he's done with yours? I have a feeling ours is going to take all summer long!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's certainly bright and cheery Sadie. Not sure about the perfect bit though! I'm thinking I can tone it down with black haha.

      It's taken me a year to call the decorator in so Lord knows how long it would take if we were doing it ourselves! xx

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha. Whenwe were married in1971, this colour was all the rage. Worse than that, we had this colour, in high gloss, on our bedroom doors with cutains exactly the same colour.The walls were a paler version and the bedcover was a flowery mixture of all shades of purple with white.it was not a restful room' Happy decorating. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief Catriona, you must have had to walk around with sunglasses on. When I met Mark he had a flat and the carpet in there was purple - not his choice I hasten to add.

      I suppose being newly married there wasn't much need for a restful bedroom ;) xx

      Delete
  3. That's a blast from the past, like Catriona said 1970's bedrooms!
    Son had darker purple bedroom with black curtains when he was about 14/15 ish it took about 4 coats of paint to cover it when he moved out.
    I'm starting the living room next week, have to do it third at a time but NOT purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought about covering it up did cross my mind Sue. I expect we'll have to pay double next time because of the amount of times it will need to be painted over!

      The thought of purple in a living room is bringing me out in a cold sweat. I hope you're going for something a lot calmer :) xx

      Delete
  4. How lovely at least he didn't want matt black. I hope we get to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that Tania because when Amy saw the colour she said "but you didn't let me have black"! xx

      Delete
  5. You have a wicked mind Suzanne! It's a fabulous colour though. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do Jules and so do you as you're obviously on my wavelength :) :) :) It certainly is a fabulous colour for a bedroom that you can close the door on! xx

      Delete
  6. I like the color! But then, I have a lilac colored corridor leading from the living room to the bedrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilac is lovely Bless but I wouldn't be able to have purple where I could see it all the time. It's a nice colour but for upstairs and being able to close the bedroom door is perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete