Friday, 16 June 2017

Photo 17

I'm crocheting a poncho. I stumbled across a charity that wants them and I couldn't resist. I really enjoyed making Sienna's and they are so easy to do but one poncho is more than enough for a little girl who has the wardrobe of a super model.

Actually, I'm not sure I should be making this as I already have some projects on the go which I could be getting on with, but today I want to make ponchos and have even chosen the colours for the next one. I seem to have fallen into a habit of having several things on the go at once. I was never like this in my younger days. Back then, I would start something and finish it before moving on to something else, but these days, I seem to dip in and out of things on a daily basis. 

In a couple of weeks having so many unfinished things will start to get on my nerves and I will make a concerted effort to finish everything, parcel it up and send it of to the relevant people.

Then I will tell myself that's it for a while. I will be fed up of seeing balls of wool on the coffee table and fabric stacked on the shelf. I will be glad I don't have to look for my crochet hook or the sewing needle (both are always found in between the sofa cushions), and I will be determined that no more projects will be started for a good few weeks, instead my energies will be focused on the house and the garden. 

Of course, the house and garden don't stand a chance when competing with wool and fabric so it won't be long before I'm picking up my crochet hook, knitting needles or getting the sewing machine out again. And the cycle will re-start. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

Are you a starter and finisher or do you have several things on the go at once?
        





17 comments:

  1. What lovely summery colours, I have bought a crochet hook now back to YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania. Lemon and lime is one of my favourite colour combinations. I hope you manage to pick up crochet, it's lovely to do and grows really quickly. There are loads of youtube tutorials so I'm sure you'll be hooking up a blanket in no time. xx

      Delete
  2. Like you I used to be a start it and finish it up kind of person and now days I start and work on it till I am tired or hurting or bored and then I start another and like you it finally gets to me and I finish everything up before I begin anything new. However, I do not knit or crochet. I know how to do both and in my 20's forced myself to finish several gifts then put it away for years. Thought I would try again after reading about your projects last year. I bought one new crochet needle and some yarn, NO GO. It still makes me feel like hitting someone or something. Everyone I know finds it so relaxing and rewarding. I am wired differently for sure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sound very similar with our projects Candace. I'm Laughing at crocheting frustrating you because I sort of know what you mean. I don't find doing it frustrating but I can find it stressful trying to finish a row while letting the dogs out, having to get up to check what's in the oven or looking at a pile or ironing that I should really be doing instead. I enjoy it most when there's nobody in the house and everybody has been fed and watered. Then I kn ow I have a couple of hours all to myself. xx

      Delete
  3. As you know....I don't knit or crochet so all of my UFO's are of a fabric nature......and I have several just now awaiting that....I really must finish that moment.
    I always used to finish what I started but just lately there has been something I wanted to do more than finish what I was doing so the UFO's are piling up.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you've hit the nail on the head Sheila. I love everything I'm doing, but wanting to start something new is more powerful than wanting to finish what I've already got on the go. It does all get done in the end though! xx

      Delete
  4. I used to crochet as a young mum and the multicoloured blanket I made was known as the poorly blanket ( used to cover poorly children on the settee)! year my daughter and I were reminiscing and the poorly blanket came up. She sounded so nostalgic that I made her one for Christmas and you'd have thought I'd given her diamonds! She loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you had a 'poorly blanket'. The first one I made is pulled out of the airing cupboard every time Amy or Thomas are ill, it's just a comfort thing I think.

      It's lovely that your daughter remembers something like that, funny how something so simple stays with us isn't it. What a brilliant Christmas present. I can imagine how thrilled she'd have been to receive one of her own. xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry, that should read " Lady year my daughter .....etc.....
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek. Predictive text!!! LAST year.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lord, I hate predictive text. Me and Mum send some very strange ones to each other haha. xx

      Delete
  7. They are gorgeous colours Suzanne. I'm someone who has to finish what I've started before moving on to the next thing. Or, in truth, I'm someone who will start another project to avoid doing any housework or decorating. 😆 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. Can you believe our bedroom was once lemon and lime - I flipping loved it and Mark was very understanding haha.

      Good for you finishing something before you move on to the next thing. I used to be like that but these days I tend to flit from one thing to another. There is always a project more important than housework! xx

      Delete
  8. I love the colours in the poncho. My mom always finished one thing before she started another and I was the opposite, which she thought was just ridiculous! Oh well, it all gets done in the end. Well, most things did anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. Yes my mum was the same - she always had something on the go but I don't remember more than one thing at once. She's obviously more disciplined than I am. You're right it does all get finished in the end which is the main thing. xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely colors! I'm sure whoever receives it will be very happy and warm. I am definitely a starter of projects! I probably have at least half a dozen "works in progress" at any given time. I am trying to finish them before starting something else! I shouldn't visit crafting sites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing isn't it Bless. There are so many lovely sites out there and so much inspiration it's hard not to get caught up in starting something else. The ponchos aren't too bad actually. They're small and can be finished fairly quickly so don't hang around very long. xx

      Delete