Thursday, 15 June 2017

Photo 16

Sienna arrived bright and early this morning. Mark is the early bird in this house so he receives her ladyship then they both come upstairs to wake Granny up. It's rather lovely to open my eyes to a smiling baby who's already dressed and being held by somebody else. I wave from my bed, get a big toothy grin for my efforts, then haul myself out of my pit to begin the day. By 8.30am she's generally got a couple of episodes of Teletubbies or In the Night Garden under her belt and has eaten her cereal and fruit for breakfast. 

The plan today was to go shopping, then take her to the park to feed the ducks but she had a sleep between 9am-10am so shopping was done later than usual and by the time it had been put away it was her lunchtime. Then she slept for 2 hours which was lovely but it meant there was no time to get to the park and back before picking Thomas up. 

I've no idea how I used to fit play centres, walks, parks, visits etc in when Amy was little but I did. Maybe I was a lot quicker at doing things back then and I know for sure I was definitely fitter. I suspect it was more to do with the fact she would mither so much to do things it was easier to just do them rather than listen to her go on. She was definitely a live wire when she was a toddler so when Thomas hit that stage and would only go out under duress it was a bit of a shock, but if I'm honest a big relief as well 

Anyway, Sienna has been a joy to have today, which isn't the case every week I can tell you. I'm hoping the weather is nice again next week and I'm going to try and re-arrange the day a little bit so we can get out to the park, as long as she doesn't sleep and eat the day away. 

Edited to add: it looks like we've given her a dirty mop head to cuddle, but it's a sheep and she takes it everywhere with her. It's bedraggled, full of holes and has had the legs sewn back on more times than I can remember, but she loves it. 
                  
















14 comments:

  1. Lovely photos.A baby who eats and sleeps is just right!
    We have our Grandson from Surrey visiting soon. There will be photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, baby's who do what they should do are lovely aren't they. Totally different matter when they don't though! There can never be too many photos of grandchildren, especially if you don't see them every week. I shall expect to find lots of pictures of your handsome little man on your blog after his visit. xx

      Delete
  2. What a cutie. I've also usually got an episode of Teletubbies under my belt and eaten my cereal by 8.30 but I don't look that sweet.
    It's good you had such a nice relaxed day with Sienna. I'm not one for rushing around to different activities. Lily is usually happier playing outdoors anyway. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I watched Teletubbies non stop for years when Amy was little. In fact I was so used to it being on that when she went to sleep I used to sit staring at it not thinking to switch over to something more grown up!

      I much prefer relaxed days too but Amy was always wanting to do something or other. Thomas was much more easy going - although when we actually needed to go out it could be a problem. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Suzanne, thst bottom photo looks so like Thomas! Sienna is growing so quickly and she really is a wee beauty. Happy summer days ahead with some outdoor fun in the garden. I'm not enjoying this humid weather at all-I was nearly expiring in Prague at the weekend in 29C relentless sunshine. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really looked like Sophie when she was born but that seems to have gone now and I can definitely see Matthew in her at times. I know what you mean about Thomas - it might be the chubby chops.

      Hope you had a lovely time in Prague - 29C would be too hot for me as well. I'm always surprised when I'm sweltering how low the temperature actually is, I don't do very well in the heat. A nice warm summers day is perfect for me. xx

      Delete
  4. What a cutie. Don't you just love them at that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like them at this age Tania. I'm no so keen on the toddling stage when you have to run around after them! xx

      Delete
  5. Oooooh she is just such a gorgeous baby. The age she and Marlowe are now has to be my most favourite age....any time before they reach two...lol.
    I got to see my big girl and my baby last night. Had to watch her first big walk on a video though as she didn't want to show me in real life. Mind you she has been quite ill....poor little mite.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, it's a lovely age isn't it. She's always smiling and waving bye-bye and we can play with her now so it's more fun for us!

      Sorry to hear Marlowe has been ill - nothing too serious I hope? xx

      Delete
  6. She looks cute and she's growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe she'll be one in 2 weeks. That year has really flown by. She's good fun now and is constantly smiling - very different from a few months ago. xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you MMC. I love how she's examining her raisin in the last photograph. A minute later she threw it on the floor for the dog. Feeding Wendy is her favourite game. xx

      Delete