Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Photo 15

Although I don't have specific washing/ironing/housework days, I am a creature of habit and my week definitely has a routine to it. 

Monday is generally housework although this is not set in stone, Tuesday is my day where I try not to plan anything, Wednesday there is a trip to Bury, Thursday is the weekly shop and Sienna, Friday more often than not is Middleton with Mum to stock up on a few bits and Saturday and Sunday are whatever comes along. 

I like routine but sometimes doing things on specific days means the week seems to fly by and I find myself in Bury or Lidl or Middleton again before I know it. 

Anyway, it's Wednesday so today was Bury. I didn't need much this week. A few t-shirts for some more dresses, a little trimming which I thought would look nice and some bits and pieces from the £1 shop. I popped into The Works but nothing took my fancy. 

I also bought some bug spray - my poor rose is covered in greenfly and blackfly. After blitzing the little blighters and hanging some washing out I spent a little time fixing the trim around the neck of the dress just to pretty it up a little bit.  

Before I know it, it's 3pm and Thomas time and from then on my routine is very much entrenched in food and kitchen duties. Do you have a strict routine or do you take each day as it comes? 

                


xxx














6 comments:

  1. I like a bit of routine but not too much.....although even that has gone to pot over the last month.
    I am slowly getting getting back on top of things.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Sheila, my days are pretty much set in routine but after I've done what I'm doing the rest of the time can be spent on lots of different things depending on what I feel like. So it's a bit of routine and then a bit of whatever I fancy.

      So glad to hear you are getting back in your stride. It will take time but you will get there although it will always feel different. xx

      Delete
  2. Those dresses are so pretty Suzanne. I wish I was that talented. I like some structure to my days rather than routine. I can only get the house properly cleaned when everyone is out so my housework is usually dependent on that. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Routine can be a pain at times but after I've done what I'm supposed to be doing there's not much routine to my days. Oh, I totally get the housework, I don't bother much if people are in because as fast as I'm cleaning they're behind me messing up. I mean fancy wanting something to eat and drink or needing to use the loo, some people are so inconsiderate at times :)

      I'm not really that talented, there's quite a lot of unpicking and swearing under my breath when I'm sewing and I had to sew the flowers on by turning the wheel manually, thankfully I only bought 4 white t-shirts so I don't have to do it that many times. I do enjoy making things though. xx

      Delete
  3. I have always struggled with getting a routine in place. Those dresses are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think where I go is more routine than what I actually do Bless. I know I used to have a much better routine when I worked but I think you have to especially if you have children. xx

      Delete