Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Photo 14

Yesterday we had a massive sort out and tidy of the Xbox room. It helped that Mark was here because quite a bit of stuff in there belongs to him and if he's not around to ask whether he still needs it I end up putting most of it back. 

We managed to fill 3 bags with rubbish and 2 bags for the charity shop.

While I was tidying my shelves I touched the fabric box and suddenly had a hankering to do a bit of sewing again. So today, I decided to make a dress. Dress A Girl prefer t-shirt dresses these days, something I've never made before but I thought I'd give it a go. 

While I was in the charity shop I bought a quilt cover that I thought would look nice made into dresses. Then I popped into Peacocks for a white t-shirt. I came home and spent a nice hour making a fairly easy dress which hopefully will bring a smile to a little girl somewhere in the world. 

So today, it feels like everybody is a winner. The YMCA got some things to sell and £1.99 in their till. Peacocks made a sale. I got to do something I enjoy and a little girl will receive a dress in the not too distant future. 

Happy Days.


               

xxx

18 comments:

  1. What a great way to make a dress. The quilt cover worked really well. A cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you serenata. I'm pleased with how the quilt cover pattern looks. It was much easier to do than I expected as well. Xx

      Delete
  2. Very cute and so easy and fast to make. I can see you whipping up a few of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I'll be buying some t-shirts tomorrow and making a few more. They are much easier than pillow case dresses. No bias binding, threading elastic etc. They're a really nice project xx

      Delete
  3. That's fantastic, what a cute little dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've used quilts for lots of dresses in the past. theyte really good value and I'll get a few dresses out of it. Xx

      Delete
  4. How thoughtful of you. Lovely little dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania. I've made pillowcase dresses in the past but they seem to prefer dresses that cover shoulders these days. The t-shirt ones are really easy and take half the time if a pillowcase one. Xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The simple ideas are often the best aren't they. I'll be buying more t-shirts tomorrow, now i know I can make them. Xx

      Delete
  6. Oh the t shirt dress is lovely Suzannne.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. Really half the dress is already made so they're easy to whip up. Wasn't sure I'd be able to gather the material and get it to fit but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Suzanne - just wandered here from A Hidden Jem and your lovely dress caught my eye - what a clever idea. I also noticed you are reading Wonderwoman - I just bought a hardback copy last week for £4 from Booksale and it is my bedtime reading at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome to number 38. Thank you, the dress is a nice little sewing project. I love how people come up with these simple but brilliant ideas. My book cost £4 as well which I thought was excellent value. I was reading how to decorate jars for tea lights today. I like the lace ones so may have a go at them. Xx

      Delete
  8. It's a very pretty little dress and so very thoughtful of you to make them.
    Way to go on the clearing out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I bought 5 more t-shirts so I have a little project for the next week now. I love a good clear out, makes me feel so much better :) xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely dress! The skirt fabric is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really pleased with how the fabric looks and the added trim of flowers around the neck just adds a finishing touch. xx

      Delete