Tuesday, 13 December 2016

On the 13th Day of Christmas....

.... I woke up at 4am and didn't go back to sleep! It happens every time I go out and drink wine. Instead of sending me to sleep it seems to have the opposite effect. Thankfully I only go out half a dozen times a year.

Sienna has been here today. I've loved having her although by the time I'd fed her and she'd had her afternoon nap there wasn't much looking after time left. And look what arrived in the post today from Rachel at Eternally 28. A beautiful hand knitted beret for her. She was a bit wriggly while I was putting it on and I had to take the photo quickly so it's not on quite right, but it's lovely isn't it. 
There was also a box of St Clements teabags for me. Earlier in the year Rachel and myself undertook a tea bag swap and this flavour was my favourite.
Christopher Elf wasn't here last night to get into mischief. Instead he cobbled together a sleigh for himself, harnessed the reindeer up and popped back to see Santa to make sure Amy and Thomas were on the 'nice' list. As well as setting him up every night Thomas has also requested I write notes from now on.
I managed to do a little bit of cutting and sewing while Sienna was asleep. I know the machine isn't supposed to be coming out but sometimes I just get the urge.  
And I also managed to pin the caterpillar to a panel. Think I might need a couple more circles.
We're just about to take Sienna home now and these presents will be going with her so that will create a bit more room in the wardrobe. 
And when she arrived this morning she brought this card with her. How sweet is this. 
Until tomorrow. 

xxx


















17 comments:

  1. Awwwww....doesn't she just look the bees knees in her new beret. Clever Aunty Rachel.
    Looking forward to seeing how the caterpillar turns out. The colours are gorgeous-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it. Supersoft as well just right for little heads. She was a joy to have yesterday, lots of smiles and a couple of giggles. And best of all I still got a good nights sleep :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aw, that's a lovely hat and a lovely photo.

    Lovely note. And true too. You are such good grandparents.

    The caterpillar is looking so good already! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beret is sweet isn't it and so soft I don't even think she knew she had it on. I was really touched with what Sophie had written in the card.

      I think maybe a couple more circles for the caterpillar. I'll have see what he looks like on the book to give me an idea of how long he is. xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, that's lovely of you to say. Of course we're biased but we think she's pretty cute. xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous hat - she looks gorgeous in it. And what a lovely note too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it, and Rachel making the time to knit it makes it even more special because I know how busy she is.

      The note was lovely, I was really touched by it. xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely beret and she looks just beautiful in it. Love the look on her face. :) And yes, it is true, you are such a loving grandparent.

    How kind of Christopher Elf to make sure that both Amy and Thomas are on Santa's Nice list! You are making this such a memorable Christmas for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. She was lovely to have yesterday, as good as gold and full of smiles which is quite unusual actually. You usually have to work really hard for a gummy grin but that makes them even more special when they do come.

      Thomas and Amy are both enjoying the Elf. It's funny how little things can become such a big hit isn't it. xx

      Delete
  6. Ha! She looks too cute! I didn't put a Pom Pom on it as I didn't want it to be uncomfy when she lays down for a sleep x
    I am itching to sew but my table is full of wrapping paraphernalia! Must do some. Loving your shelfy elfy! ( one of the kids at school calls it this )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous Rachel and it's so soft I don't even think she knew she was wearing it. It's even more special because I know how busy you are and what you're dealing with at the moment, so to make time to knit for her means such a lot. xx

      Shelfy Elfy is a great name, I wonder if he's an Elf that reports back naughty or nice deeds to Santa.

      What I made hardly warranted getting the sewing machine out but I just felt like doing something crafty yesterday. It's filled the need and I really do think that will be it now until after Christmas.

      Oh, I am fed up of wrapping now. After declaring myself done and dusted present wise a few more have crept in the house. I don't mind last minute buys but getting all the wrapping stuff out again is a pain.

      Forgot to say, your works do sounds lovely. I would much prefer that than a night out on the town. xx

      Delete
    2. I always start off wrapping nicely, by the end of the session the paper is rather slapped on n sellotape where it touches!! I'm annoyed because I meant to have done it by now!! That's beret is from a mahoosive ball of Aran that has also knit a jumper for Harry, a waistcoat for my friend's toddler and a cardigan for a Christmas child box! I just had enough left for a wee hat and who better to knit it for than a wee baby girl! X

      Delete
    3. I make a special effort with Amy because she likes all the bows and frills but yes, quite often by the end of a session I'm hacking at the paper and slapping the sellotape on myself!

      Goodness, that ball of wool sounds good value for money, your needles must have been on fire :) xx

      Delete
  7. Ps - I'm always procrastinating with knitting so it really was a pleasure lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beret is so sweet. Sienna looks gorgeous.
    What a lovely card to receive, and such neat writing! Mine always looks like a spider has walked across the page.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your evening out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it she's a lucky girl.

      The card and words are lovely. If Matthew had written it we'd have probably got a 'To Dad and Sue, Cheers for having Sienna :) xx

      Delete