Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Too Tired to Think of a Title!

It was a 5am start this morning but I haven't stuck to the rota today. I should have been cleaning our bedroom, but I know if I'd gone in I'd have just lay on the bed and gone to sleep so I steered clear. Well, that's my excuse. 

We go away tomorrow until Sunday, so nothing will get done for the next few days either. Never mind. I'll stick to my new routine as best I can in between what we're doing and when Amy and Thomas go back to school pick it up properly.

I've not been lazy though. In between the feeds, winding, nappy changing, sterilising bottles and rocking to sleep I've managed to take Amy to the Docs, have my hair cut, cook chili for tea and spag bol and 1,000 sausages for when we're away, washed and ironed.

Sienna went home at 8.30pm and I'm now sat in my PJ's, with a cup of tea doing a bit of crochet. Hopefully this will be a poncho sometime next week. 
I'm taking the laptop and camera with me when I go away but not sure what the wifi is like so may not be able to post. If I don't, then I'll catch up with you all on Sunday. 

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week and have a lovely weekend. 

xxx







14 comments:

  1. blimey, a thousand sausages! That'll keep you all well fed!

    No you haven't been lazy, because you can NEVER be lazy when there is a baby in the house. That's a fact.

    The new crochet is gorgeous. I love those colours.

    Have a fantastic time away, I shall miss you but I am happy for you to have another lovely break. Wow. That sounds really patronising, but you know what I mean. I'm happy for you! :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I might have exaggerated ever so slightly about the sausages! I don't think I sat down much at all yesterday and if I did it was for about 10 minutes before Sienna woke up again. You forget how hard it is and I'm only 'playing' at it one day a week.

      The site is lovely and the field is brilliant. Can see us spending lots of time playing ball games in there if the weather stays good. Hope you've had another lovely day in Walberswick. xx

      Delete
  2. Awww have a lovely break away.
    Your crochet reminds me of ice cream...beautiful colours-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely ice-cream colours. A perfect way to describe them. After an initial hiccup with a leaky valve and leveller (no idea, so can't explain), we're on track for a good weekend. xx

      Delete
  3. Love the crochet, I am used softer colours at the moment and really enjoying the rest from my usual super bright choices. Today will be a sewing day, a small tower of bags to be sewn. Have a good break and enjoy those sausages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Pam. I usually go for really bright colours but decided a change would be nice and a bit more restful on the eyes :) If the poncho works though I think I'll revert to my bright colours and make another one. What are the bags that your are sewing going to be used for, if you don't mind me asking. xx

      Delete
  4. 5:00 a.m. is an early start to the day! You got a lot accomplished while caring for a baby.

    Hope you have a lovely time while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far too early Bless, but at least I don't have to do it every day. The silver lining though was I slept like a log last night. xx

      Delete
  5. Such gorgeous crochet colours. Have a great time away. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. The colours aren't what I usually go for but I fancied a change. The site is lovely and there's a huge field to play on. Perfect for the 'new to fresh air' boy :) xx

      Delete
  6. Love your crochet. Have a great weekend and I hope Thomas, the sausage man, enjoys all those sausages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. Thomas has chomped his way through half the sausages already! xx

      Delete
  7. Sausages are just so perfect, I do t blame Thomas for loving them - I only hope he doesn't, suddenly go off them, once you've cooked 1000! Looking forward to seeing the finished crochet. Reminds me of ice cream, those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe I didn't actually cook 1,000 but he managed to get through the pile I did cook, plus some more done at the van, although he had salmon twice as well.

      Project Poncho is coming up later on today. So pleased with it. xx

      Delete