Thursday, 11 August 2016

Poncho and Holiday Preview

It's not been a good day for Thomas today. Not only did he have to go to the barbers he also had to go shopping tonight for a new school coat. But, as compensation for the trauma we bought him new PJ bottoms to add to his stash.

I've done all my ironing and surprisingly just one load of washing for the holidays. Probably because the offspring haven't really been dressed all week. 

While I was at the van I started another pastel poncho because they were the only colours I had with me. In between crocheting up the colourful one I've managed to finish it off.
I'm quite pleased with my fancy pants border. The colourful one will come with me to Ireland and by the time I get back I expect it will be finished.
I'm also planning on taking the laptop but just in case there are any problems here's where we are going.

We'll be staying on Little Island or Waterford Island as it's become known at Number 38 and the only way on and off is by a ferry which should be fun. For some reason I can't load a photo of the island but it's not very big.


This is the castle on the island. You can stay her but we opted for the self-catering lodges which suit us better. It's open to everybody though, apart from the Saturday we arrive as there's a wedding on. We'll be settling in that day anyway and there'll be plenty of time to visit in the week.

One of these 3 bed lodges will be our home for the next week.

We've booked a falconry lesson for Thomas and Amy and Mark has clay pigeon shooting on his agenda. There is also a golf course, tennis courts, croquet lawn and a little beach so maybe a paddle will be in order for us.

Not sure I'll be posting tomorrow so if not, hopefully we'll be able to meet up over a Guinness very soon. 

xxx

                  


14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely holiday Suzanne and the falconry lesson sounds wonderful. Hope you all have a fab time.
    Sorry you can't see the photo's on my blog. I don't know how to fix that unfortunately but I will be taking photos on the day which I will share-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just had another look at your blog and the pictures are there now. Must have been some sort of blip. Everything you got looks fab and will really set the scene for the day. Love the hot dog and burger trays, what a great find.

      Really looking forward to our holiday. Need to do a little bit of a search tomorrow to see what there is to do around the Waterford area for a couple of days out. xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely place in which to holiday! Hope you have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures to share with us when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll certainly be taking lots of photos. Just been reading a little bit about the island and apparently there's a fairy called Eliza who lives there. Wonder if I'll get a snap of her :) xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your holiday, I hope that the falconry goes down well. The birds are magnificent but a bit scary up close. The poncho is so cute, your lacy trim sets it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scared of birds especially when they're flying around so I think I'll be viewing from a distance! Definitely don't fancy holding my arm out for a hawk to land on it. The Owls were OK in Cheshire but only because they were in cages, they were actually a lot bigger than I thought they would be with huge claws and beaks. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I hope Thomas has found himself again after his traumatic day. Where you are going looks really beautiful. Enjoy your Guinness. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor boy, a trip to the barbers and then clothes shopping all in one day. He was definitely not impressed. The first coat he tried on was miles too small but he said it was OK he was that desperate to get out. We struck lucky with size the third time then he whipped it off and him and Mark left me in the queue so they could go to PC World. After spending 30 boring minutes looking at gaming computers I could relate to how Thomas felt about clothes shopping. xx

      Delete
  5. Oooo I thought you were taking the van! It's looks like you'll have an awesome time and I love a good wedding for a gawp! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no van this time. We booked this ages ago when a van wasn't even really on the radar. I must admit I'm hoping to see the bride and I'm sure there's a rule where anybody can go into a church to watch a wedding or a funeral so I may even gatecrash :) xx

      Delete
    2. Although having thought that through the castle obviously isn't a church so the rule may not apply. Damn! xx

      Delete
  6. what?! You could stay in a castle but you turned it down? Blimey. I'd have said yes in an instant and packed my tiara!

    Poor Thomas and his trauma! Ha ha! I think today was the first day all week when Violet actually got dressed, in proper, real life clothes. Rather than jim jam top and her pants!

    Your poncho looks so pretty, and I love the fancy pants border.

    Happy hols! Have a pint of the black stuff for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you Sadie, those bloody Richmond sausages of Thomas' have a lot to answer for. I could quite happily have lived in the castle for a week and been waited on hand and foot. Mind you the beauty of having a responsible 16 year old daughter means she can babysit for us and me and Mark can go up there on our own. Happy Days :) xx



      Delete