Tuesday, 9 August 2016

No night feeds for me tonight

First job today was to take Wendy to the vet for her boosters. I asked the vet to look in her ears while I was there. No particular reason I just though I might as well as they looked a bit waxy. According to the vet they just needed a clean so she said she'd prescribe some drops to help break the wax down. In between leaving her room and walking next door to pay the bill Wendy had suddenly developed inflammation of the ear and as well as the drops there was also a bottle of antibiotics waiting to be paid for!

After I'd dropped her home I headed out to do a quick shop. I'm trying to get the balance right this week with food. We've not much in but I don't want to overbuy as we're off to Ireland on Saturday. For a change I did a Tesco shop and picked up these individual treats that we enjoy. Yoghurt for me, trifles for Mark, pringles for Amy and chocolate swiss rolls for Thomas. We're easily pleased. 
By 11.30am the dog was sorted, the shopping was put away and my purse was £116 lighter!

The clematis is flowering for a second time. There are a couple of flowers and I've got twice as many buds as last time, we just need a bit of sun to entice them to open.
There is another poncho on the hook. This one is more colourful and along the lines of blankets that I've made in the past; no pattern as such and any colour goes! Poncho making is definitely good for stash busting.
Amy has been to the cinema this afternoon with some friends and I'm hoping to have my own film night a little later on with Eddie the Eagle. 

We don't have Sienna tonight as she's been to the Doctors today. She's suffering from reflux so she's been given some baby gaviscon. Mum and Dad are shattered. Hopefully we'll see her before we go away.

xxx








12 comments:

  1. The baby gaviscon for reflux seems to be a regular thing now. Our Jacob is having lots of problems with colic and sickyness too. Hope you have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful for baby and parents isn't it. One of the suggestions is smaller feeds more regularly, but who really wants to be feeding any more than every 3 hours! I hope Jacob grows out of it soon. I haven't told Sophie but it's quite common for it to last until they're 12 months old. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh poor little Sienna...I hope she's better soon and poor Wendy too.
    Going to Ireland....how lovely. I've only been once but would love to go again-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As well as the gaviscon I think they might have been given a milk thickener or told to try a different milk. It's hard getting a proper story out of them sometimes :)

      We've never been to Ireland and we're all really excited. We're going to Waterford on a small island with a castle. Apparently it's quite near the Waterford Crystal Factory so a tour will definitely be on my 'to do' list. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope Sienna and Wendy are feeling better soon. Ireland is somewhere I've always wanted to visit. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I think Sienna will just have to grow out of it and I'm not sure Wendy even has anything wrong with her. No mention of inflammation or a/biotics in the consultation room! We've never been to Ireland either and we're all really looking forward to it. xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear baby Sienna isn't feeling well and Wendy has an inflamed ear. Hope they both feel better, soon.

    Love the colors on the new poncho, as well. I've knitted two ponchos using the same two rectangles method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I think Sienna will just have to grow out of the reflux stage but it's horrible for parents when baby isn't happy isn't it.

      I don't think Wendy even has an inflammed ear. There was no mention of it in the consultation. I just think the vet decided to prescribe a/biotic and make a bit of money!

      The 2 rectangle poncho has to be my best discovery of the year! Can't believe how simple they are to make using this method. There is another pastel one finished which I started at the van and my bright coloured one isn't far off. A few rows here and there and it soon grows. xx

      Delete
  5. ooh, Ireland, how gorgeous. Have a Pint of the Black stuff for me will you? I need to go there. My family hark back to .. oh blimey, can't remember. It's my paternal relatives and I cannot remember at all where they are from, just outside Donegal I think, but I am probably wrong. All I know is I have the Irish tastes and the Irish temper!

    Love your Simple Treats. That Clematis is gorgeous.

    Poor Sienna. I hope the reflux thing clears up, I know it can be a real issue for some babies. And hard work for the parents.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have a pint of guinness, I love it. Plus it takes me right back to Friday night sleepovers at my nannas when we were allowed to drink some. With a surname like ours Mark's family definitely come from Ireland and there is a story about being Catholic until great grandad somebody had a massive falling out with the priest.

      Think Sienna is really struggling with the reflux. Amy was the same. They tell you to hold baby upright for 30 minutes after a feed, but obviously that's not always convenient so I suggested propping her cot up on a couple of books at one end like I used to do which they said they'd try. Her cot is still flat though. What can you do? xx

      Delete
  6. My friends baby had reflux. I don't know if itIS more common now or just we hear about it more with social media etc.
    Poor parents! I'm sureSienna will be just fine!
    We are off to Berwick upon Tweed on Saturday so going in the totally opposite direction to you! But I'm the same with shopping! I'll end up taking the fridge contents with me n doing a mini shop over there! The beauty of self catering! The mini shop will mostly be breakfast n picnic stuff. We'll mostly eat out! Oh the extravagance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very common I think Rachel but nothing can really be done for it unless it's really serious. There are a couple of 'self help' things I've dropped into conversation but whether they try them or not I don't know.

      I'm doing the shop tomorrow for our trip. Just taking enough for a couple of days as we're on an island and need to cross on a ferry every time we want to get to the mainland. But with everybody's different needs and wants the 2 days worth will probably mean a car boot full!

      hope you have a lovely holiday. You're only 30 minutes from Lindisfarne which is definitely worth a drive over to if you've never been. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Is HG taking the fishing rods with him? xx

      Delete