Sunday, 21 August 2016

It's Not Goodbye, It's Just Au Revoir

One thing the lack of Wifi on holiday made me think about was the amount of time I spend blogging every day.

I know the odd few lines of text and a photo here and there don’t look much but it’s surprising how much time it can take up some days. Time that lately I’ve wanted to channel into other things – even if that’s just sitting and staring into space.

I started the blog back in 2013, 5 months after my heart attack. It was to be a diary of what we got up to as a family with the idea being Amy and Thomas would have something to look back on when I’d pegged out by the end of that year, (there were many dark days in 2013 regarding my impending death). Truth was I'd convinced myself I would probably have another HA and wouldn’t be around to see in 2014, so I crammed as many things in for us to do as a family given the constraints of health, school terms, finance etc. and there always seemed something to write about.

Nearly 4 years later and thankfully I’m still here, living a sometimes exciting but mainly normal life of a wife and mother who just potters around doing her thing as and when the mood takes her.

So, while on holiday I made a decision. Not to stop blogging entirely but to cut down - a lot. In future I’m going to post about what’s been happening at Number 38 just once a month – on the last day.

The reason I’m writing this is because so many of you stop by every day, that to just disappear with no word would be extremely rude of me. 

I really hope you’ll still pop by to see what we’ve been up to and to have a ‘chat’ as generally our conversations are way more interesting, funny and inspiring than the post they stem from.

My lack of blogging certainly won’t mean lack of reading though and I’ll still be keeping in touch with you all through your blogs.

And so, as the title says it’s not Goodbye, it’s just Au Revoir…… until 31st August.

xxx











17 comments:

  1. oh.
    that's a shame - from a selfish point of view. But I do understand. I've been plugging away at blogging every day of the six week hols for exactly that reason, I wanted a good record of it. But it's been hard, taken up lots of time, and at times has come with a side dish of twittery that I could have done without. All making me wonder why I've bothered.

    So I am sad, because I thoroughly enjoy your writing. But oh, I so understand.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are coming from but golly I shan't half miss dropping by everyday to see what you are up to-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others - I enjoy your writing - it's like visiting with a friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your feelings about the amount of time that gets sucked away when other things could be taking place. I shall look forwardto reading whatever you write and whenever you write it. Love to all. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to read you are still going to blog once a month. I really admire everyone that blogs several times a week. I couldn't do it because 1. I don't have the desire 2. I don't have much to say. I really only keep my blog to keep a record of the books I read and what's going on in my garden (which is n0thing over half the year given our weather)! I spend so much time reading other people's blogs that I don't have time for mine. I do enjoy yours because you live so close to where I was born and lived until I was 14 so some of the places you talk about I am familiar with. Hope to 'see' you at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started reading your blog and really like it. I'm glad you'll still be able to update once a month. Looking forward to those updates! Take good care of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your days just doing and being. I shall look forward to the monthly blog post with keen anticipation. I vacillate between posting every day and every now and then, not enough hours in the day and days in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you must definitely do what is right for you Suzanne, although I will miss your posts dreadfully. It's like catching up with a friend over coffee. I will look forward to reading as and when you are able to post. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite understand your decision - enjoy having more time to yourself and living the life that you feared you would not get. I will miss your daily updates but will look forward to the monthly ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shall look forward to your monthly post but will miss your family fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will miss you, really enjoyed seeing what Thomas and Amy were up to. Will look forward to your monthly one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely miss reading your daily posts, but will look forward to your monthly ones. At least I won't have to wait a whole month for the next post. Enjoy the time you are not spending on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been a regular here for a while, due to school and *ahem* work, but I shall look forward to your monthly posts. It'll be like getting a letter from a dear friend and well worth a cup of tea and a slice of cake to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you xx
    Hurry up Aug 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very good idea, not to stop entirely, but to post once a month, to keep in touch so to speak. I do hope you continue to enjoy good health.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea to do what suits you best. I love popping by to see what you have been up to, but I'll look forward to the monthly updates. Enjoy your time, I'll be thinking of you, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's what I like about blogging, you can do whatever suits you. Just don't disappear, my friend!

    ReplyDelete