Monday, 1 August 2016

Day 1 - On Track So Far

Today was the start of my housework rota or home blessing as Catriona calls it, which is a really lovely way of looking at it don't you think? 

There were 3 things that kept me on track:

1. I set my alarm clock for 8am and actually got up! 
2. When I came downstairs I didn't pick the laptop up (I can easily be on there for well over an hour without realising it).
3. Mum was coming at 10.30am,  (we were going shopping and having coffee), so I was on a time limit anyway.

Have to say getting up at a decent hour and not picking up the laptop certainly helps. My 'extra jobs' were sorting through the shoe box and the drawers in the lounge. Although it doesn't look any different as there's never much clutter in here it certainly feels cleaner and fresher and I know it's been done. Even the coloured bottles got washed.
I bought loads of bits and bobs in Middleton as usual and also picked up some supplies for Sienna who has officially been booked in to have a sleepover every Tuesday night. This isn't expected, I've just done it to save Sophie having to pack stuff every week. The nappies will probably last 3 visits, the other stuff a lot longer and the whole lot only came to £8.
Mark took Thomas boating while I was out with Mum. I didn't think he'd want to go but he seemed keen enough so off they went and had a good couple of hours together.
I'm off to have a look on ravelry now to see if I can find an easy pattern for a baby poncho. An hour on the laptop, a brew and a bit of knitting will be a real treat today. 

xx


10 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely and tidy Suzanne. No clutter in sight. What a good idea to get in those baby items for Sienna. It will certainly save on the packing. It must be such a joy to be able to spend that time with her. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. It's lovely having her, but she's been hard work this time. She's staying awake longer between feeds, cries when you put her down, stops immediately when you pick her up, has hardly slept and is back to 3 hour feeds. She goes home tonight, and although I'll be glad of the rest I know after an hour I'll be missing her. xx

      Delete
  2. You did it! Woo hoo! The lounge looks so serene and airy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. Supposed to be in our bedroom today, but no chance with Sienna here. Hardly time for a brew let alone cleaning. And tomorrow we are away in the van. Ah well, time enough for proper routine when school starts again. xx

      Delete
  3. ooh, you can come and clean for me next week if you don't mind! I'll get on with the laundry, and you can sort out the house for me. Deal?

    Oh you are a good Nan. To have all the stuff needed is such a thoughtful thing to do, and saves Mum having to pack it. You are a blessing, never mind blessing your home!

    Thank you for your email, have replied, and I understand so very well! You are good getting up at 8 when you didn't have to. Oh, and yes, not putting on the laptop is a fantastic way of getting on with things. When I really want to focus, I will NOT let myself switch on at all until I've done all that I needed to do first. It has to be done sometimes!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal as long as there's no ironing involved and lots of chatty tea breaks I'm happy to pop down and help out :)

      The laptop really does stop me getting on with a lot of things. It's not so much what I come on to do, I just get sidetracked by so many things. I need more willpower that's for sure.

      Thanks for your e-mail. Makes me feel tonnes better somebody out there can relate :) xx

      Delete
  4. I am guilty of spending too much time on the laptop too so I will take a leaf out of your book and try to keep off it until I have done something useful....although I have done quite a few jobs today.
    How wonderful that you are going to have Sienna on a regular basis.
    I love your lounge but I wouldn't dare have those beautiful pale colours with my filthy husband and dog-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem I have is I'm not an early riser, so most people have already been up, had a brew, had their laptop time, posted blogs, replied to comments all before I've even got out of bed. It definitely eats into my day a little too much though so I'm going to have to rectify that. OK if there's nothing to do but not so much when there is.

      I used to have a lovely pale lemon fabric suite in the lounge. We changed it when Amy was about 2 and we've had leather ever since because it's easier to keep clean. There are some lovely suites out there but not for us just yet with kids and dogs or maybe never now that grandchildren are in our lives! xx

      Delete
  5. I get up so early yet here I am at 9am doing sweet funny Adams because I picked up my iPad! Oh well, it is my holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right too Rachel. Enjoy your holidays. You work so hard at school I don't think you can be part of our lazy laptop layabouts group, sorry! xx

      Delete