Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Teeth and Tootsies

Thomas was still a bit under the weather this morning so he's been off again today. It feels a little bit like 'be careful what you wish for' with me thinking of taking him out of school tomorrow. Not that I will be doing. The whole school is having a party because they hit their attendance target so he wants to go in.

Mum had a dental appointment this morning. A filling came out a few weeks ago. She hates the dentist and it's the first time she's been in over 20 years. Today was just the check up, she goes back for treatment in a couple of weeks but apart from the filling and the usual scale and polish they always want to do, everything else was fine. She even got a sticker, although as she rightly pointed out at £265 it was an expensive one. Thomas gave her a big hug afterwards and said "I'm really proud of you Grandma". 
This is the little project I had on the go last night. A pair of bootees to keep little tootsies warm. They are super easy to knit and are done on 2 needles. 
I think I might make bundles up that include the blanket, hat, bootees and a toy. If I can find a quick knit jacket I might put one of those in as well. 
Mark made an executive decision this morning to put our trip to Morton on hold for a few weeks. Instead we're staying put at Blackpool. He said it was too much for me to do putting the van away then getting it out again 2 days later and he wants me to just have a week away without any work involved. Have to admit I'm more than happy with that. I do love it when he gets all masterful. It makes me go quite wobbly at the knees!

xxx


13 comments:

  1. Those bootees are so cute! I'm tempted to knit some for the cat. Get you with your masterful man! Mine hardly notices I exist this week thanks to the Tour de France. Saturday may just not happen at this rate. ;-) I hope Thomas is feeling much better for tomorrow and is able to enjoy the party. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum wanted some for herself! I bet you are so excited for Saturday aren't you. Your day sounds perfect to me, the sort of wedding I would have if I did it again - to Mark of course! I only let him be masterful when it suits haha. xx

      Delete
  2. ha ha, weak at the knees. Bill likes to think he has that effect on me. Um. Nah,not really!

    I'm glad Thomas has been home again, school is no place to be when you don't feel well. I'm glad he won't miss the party though.

    Love, love, love those bootees! So cute! Perfect autumn colours.

    Thank you so much for all your emails. I have really appreciated our chats, and I'm so grateful that you, and several others have totally understood my anger at school. It's meant a lot to me that I could offload on you and have you be so supportive. I love my 'net friends, I'm lucky to have some really lovely ones. :O) xxxx

    p.s well done to your mum. Not nice going to the dentists, particularly when they charge so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's gone in for the party so we won't be setting off for the van until after school.

      The bootees are cute aren't they. I've just knitted up a pair of pink ones.

      Any time re. the emails :) It was a horrible thing to do to Violet and like I said it's us parents that are left to pick up the pieces. It doesn't surprise me that the majority of people agreed with you. I can't imagine any normal adult seeing it any other way. Have you baked the staff that end of term cake yet with the laxatives haha.

      Delete
    2. you know I would. But I'm going to do a thing for that school ever again. Even if would give me the satisfaction of thinking about them having to rush to the school! Too much effort on my part !

      Hope T is ok today and enjoys the party. xx

      p.s had some fab emails from a certain Radio Star today too :o) x

      Delete
    3. Has anybody at the school said anything about it yet? From what the fab Rachel has said to me in the past about Thomas I know she'd be mortified if that happened to one of 'her children'. In fact I can't imagine her letting it happen. Thomas was fine. Had a call from school this morning. Totally forget to ring in and make his excuses. Oops. xx

      Delete
    4. no. not a word. No eye contact from anyone either. All respect gone. When you're back from hols I'll have to send you an email of something some moron said to me. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that Thomas got to rest at home again, today. Hope he is able to go to school tomorrow to enjoy the party. So sweet of him to tell Grandma he's proud of her. :)

    Sounds like your husband made the right sort of executive decision, where you are concerned. :)

    Those bootees are cute! What a lovely thought to make a bundle with blanket, bootees, hat, toy, and maybe a jacket, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was total role reversal Bless. Mum was really nervous and Thomas was so grown up and serious with his "well done".

      Don't mind those sort of executive decisions at all if they're to my benefit and I think this one definitely is.

      I'm on the lookout for a little toy to knit now but don't think there's such a thing as a quick knit jacket really. xx

      Delete
  4. Those bootees are gorgeous....love the colours.
    Poor Thomas. Hope he was well enough to go to his party.
    I'm with your Mum on the dentist....hate it.
    Have fun in Blackpool-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, I've also knitted a pair of pink ones up. Expect I'll have enough for a shoe shop by the end of the week. Thomas was up and dressed and ready for his party this morning so we'll set off for the van after school. We were both surprised when Mum didn't need anything more done, but I'm glad for her. xx

      Delete
  5. Those booties are awesome. Please could you share your pattern? I might could manage some on two needles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really cute aren't they. I got it from a blog. mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot. She's also put it on Ravelry and called them Hugg Boots I think.

      Yes, I can only knit on 2 needles and a lot of patterns are for circular or 4 needles! Panic sets in when I see that haha. xx

      Delete