Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Spending the savings

I decided my half of the 'save the difference' money would go towards crafting so I bought this little lot today for when the mood strikes to make more pencil cases and bedtime babies. It's hard to tell but the pink wool has sparkly thread woven into it.
I also bought these to leave at the van. I'm trying to make it so that I don't even have to remember make-up, just clothes and food. My make-up routine is really basic. Foundation, powder, mascara and lipstick but without it on I never feel properly dressed. 
Just a thought on my 'save the difference' tin. I'll be starting another one this week but I struggle a little bit with the question "have I really saved anything". For example Amy likes this brand of toothpaste. In Boots it costs a whopping £3.50 but I know for a fact in Bodycare I can buy it all the time for £1.99. So knowing this, is it a bargain and have I saved the difference or not? I can never quite decide. 
Another blanket has been finished. Not that they take that long as I|'m only doing a 6 row border. Although I can crochet I can't read a pattern and have no idea what the stitches are called. I tend to just make them up as I go along which is what happened with this 'bumpy' border. I liked the idea of a triangle but got lost halfway through the tutorial so ended up just doing this instead. I'm pretty sure I've not invented a new design, but I've no idea what this is called. 
Thomas didn't get his £2 back. It's not that the boy didn't give it to him, he just wasn't in school today. Not sure whether to read anything into that or not. Just hope the lad isn't in trouble with his parents for borrowing the money. Maybe the two of them will have learnt a lesson from this. 

xxx







9 comments:

  1. I hope that kid isn't in trouble for borrowing the money.

    Good plan to have make up in the caravan, it is after all you home from home. :O)

    Lovely stash of crafty goodies. I should have a savings tin. Trouble is I'd be forever breaking in and 'borrowing' from it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. He wasn't in school again today either. Yes, trying to minimise the packing for the van. We want to take it out as much as possible but I don't want to be thinking about what to take with me every time we go. A bit of food and clothes is enough for my brain these days.

      You should get one of the tins I had. We couldn't even open it with a tin opener. Mark had to stab it with a knife. xx

      Delete
    2. I would totally get into it if I wanted to. I have a determined streak when it comes to liberating money! ;O) x

      Delete
    3. That made me laugh. I had a piggy bank when I was little and the only way you could get money out without breaking it was by putting a knife in the slot and jiggling it around. Kept me busy for hours but I never gave up! xx

      Delete
  2. I would say that yes you have saved money because if you didn't know it was at Bodycare then you would be paying the £3.50 from Boots.
    Thank you so much for that lovely comment you left on my blog today-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would Sheila at £3.50 a tube! If I couldn't find it cheaper she'd be on Colgate with the rest of us haha. But yes, I'll save the difference anyway. xx

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't pay that for toothpaste either. I get Colgate from B&M Bargains for 99p-x-

      Delete
  3. I believe those "bumps" on the borders are called picots. They do give a lovely finish to the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked up picoots and you're right Bless. I just need to remember how I did them now! xx

      Delete