Sunday, 10 July 2016

Snippets from our weekend

Snippets from Saturday:

We woke up to rain and a text from Matthew. Sienna had been restless again in the night, they were shattered and wouldn't be coming over. Never mind rain stops play, babies are pretty good at it as well. I don't mind rain when we're at the van. It makes me feel nice and cosy sat inside listening to it bouncing off the roof. 
When my 'baby' woke up he seemed to have suddenly discovered a yearning for the outside world.  For the first time in a long time he didn't want to put the Xbox on. Instead he wanted to play pairs then go out and buy a football.

Catriona had mentioned a carnival in Lytham so in the afternoon when it stopped raining we set off to have a look. The only festivities we managed to come across though were some dancers. I want to call them Morris dancers but not sure if that's the right term for women? 
Thomas had a quick 10 minutes in the arcade.
And me and Mark indulged in chocolate and candy floss ice cream.


We bought a football and Thomas spent ages kicking it around at the back of the van. The spot we had is brilliant. There's loads of grass at the back to play on.
I also bought this. Swingball. I love this game and Thomas is hooked. He's played it that much he's got 2 blisters on his hand. He even went out to play in the rain. 
We didn't manage to catch the Ladies final due to our own outdoor activities taking place, but we did join them in spirit and ate strawberries with a glass of sparkly.

Saturday evening a chippy van turned up on site. Sausage and chips. Perfect for a sausage loving monster. 
While back at the van Mark was left to BBQ burgers and lamb kebabs to go with a feta cheese salad I'd made.


Snippets from Sunday:

Where has the boy I know as Thomas gone I ask myself? He was out of bed like a shot this morning, put his trainers on (no socks - that's a first) and went outside to play swingball. After starting the day with an egg I joined him for a couple of hours! 
In the afternoon we popped down the lane to the garden centre for some blocks for the van. I left Mark to that and had a look around the gift shop and bought scones for afternoon tea.

And this time we managed to catch the Men's final. Quite often I find men's tennis a bit boring. Points are often scored on serves but this match was the sort of tennis I like. After celebrating with Andy, it was time to pack up and head home. 

If anybody is wondering where Amy has been all weekend, she stayed home with the dogs. It's the second time she's done this and she loves having the house to herself with a friend to stay over. She's a sensible girl and I have no problem with leaving her here. So as Mark dropped me and Thomas off he picked Amy up. She loves the van so gets the best of both worlds.

And that was our weekend. I'm seriously thinking of being a bad mum and taking Thomas out of school Thursday and Friday so we can add a couple more days on to next weekend. I'm sure he wouldn't suffer from missing 2 days at the end of the year and they do only tend to do 'fun' things anyway like watching DVD's. Still not decided 100% though. 

I'll be catching up with all your comments later on this evening after unpacking, sticking the washing machine on and getting myself sorted. 

Hope you've all had a great weekend. 

xxx


14 comments:

  1. There's more to education than schooling-go you!! Look on Bizzie Fingers facebook page for the yarnbombed car which won first prize in the decorated vehicle at the Carnival. Glad to hear you had a great weekend despite the weather. The chippie van didn't come either Saturday we were there-think he was on holiday. We used to love swingball and would play for hours.We also played a game called Uno which was great fun. Glad to hear about all the tennis victories although I find Andy so Grumpy despite his obvious skill.,Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if an ex Headteacher is telling me that, maybe I will take him out of school for a day or two :) Mark's thinking is "do it, you might not be here next year". I know what he means, but it's always me who seems to be disappearing, not him lol.

      Sadly, I never managed to get to Bizzie Fingers either. I've said to Mark next time I go over he can drop me off for a couple of hours so I can mooch around on my own. I really need to find out if the site is on a bus route as well. I asked the chippie van if they came every week and they said the bloke that usually does it had left them so maybe that's why. They own the place across the road that does the breakfasts and carvery.

      I love any racket games but swingball is brilliant because I don't have to run haha. We've had many hours of fun with Uno as well.

      I'm pleased Andy won but he's just one of those characters I can't warm to. He just seems so dour even when he should be ecstatic. Mind you, they do get asked some stupid questions don't they.

      Oh and try as I might I can't find you on FB. No idea how to do it really, just didn't want you to think I'd not bothered. xx

      Delete
  2. St Anne's carnival procession tends to be early on, in the afternoon things move to Ashton Gardens, rather than staying in the square. I don't know what happened yesterday as I wasn't around, but I could hear music and stuff today so I assume rain didn't stop play.

    Don't know if you'll be around but it's the kite festival on the last weekend of this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kite festival sounds fun, I'll look into that. No plans as such to go back but it's so easy to get over there the trips can be quite spur of the moment. Thanks for the info. xx

      Delete
  3. Go to Bizzie Fingers Facebook and you'll see the banter between Camilla and I . Click on my replies and it should then give you the chance to ask to befriend? Me-I think:-))). C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona. Will have a look later on. Expect a request from me something soon....ish :) xx

      Delete
  4. I think I am going to have to start working on hubby again about getting a caravan. That is just my kind of weekend-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't tell you how much we're all enjoying it Sheila and we can't wait to take Sienna with us when she's older. xx

      Delete
  5. You fit a lot into your weekend. It sounds like you all had a great time doing just whatever you wanted. As it should be. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time seems to slow down at the van for some reason. The days seem a lot longer as well as we tend to eat a lot later. xx

      Delete
  6. Was going to say the same as Jules, you certainly manage to do a lot in your weekends at The Van.

    Ah, swingball. Childhood memories of it in our garden, my rotten swine older brother walloping it as hard as possible in order to smack us younger kids in the face. He's always been a total arse.

    Hope you are having a good start to the week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what a horrible brother! It's a good game though isn't it when played nicely, although Mark tends to get a bit carried away.

      It was an OK start to the week until I got a text from school mid-morning requesting children be dressed in their house colours for tomorrow's sports day, which meant I had to get in the car and go to Middleton to buy a bloody red t-shirt. Last Friday but one I had to do the same thing, only they wanted green for 'Be Seen in Green' Manchester Children's Hospital. Ask Rachel to send you the letter she sent me about school requests. I'd link it to my post if I could, it's hilarious and spot on, but I can't even find Catriona on FB so you've no chance of me linking anything without Mark here to help I'm afraid lol. xx

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely weekend. Glad you didn't mind the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't mind the rain at all if I don't have to go out in it. It's cosy in the van but we also sit in the awning with the 'windows' down which is just as nice. xx

      Delete