Friday, 22 July 2016

Postcards from The Van Day 9




Another lovely day, spent mostly by the van under the shade of the tree. 

While everybody was still in the land of nod, I was up at 6am to walk the dogs. Then I sat outside and crocheted watching the world around me wake up.


Amy had a personal reading last night by one of the famous Gypsy Petulengro family. She told Amy a couple of things that were spot on and then some other stuff that's going to happen. I toyed with the idea of having one myself but prices are way beyond the 'piece of silver' they used to want so I passed! 

Thomas wanted to go and see The BFG this afternoon so we went to The Island Cinema. It's an independent and the prices reflect this, just £4 each for me and Thomas and £2 for a good sized carton of popcorn. 

While we were watching the film Amy, Mark and the dogs went for a walk then sat outside a put and had a beer and J2O.


Tonight has been spent back at the van, just chilling out. We only have 2 more days left but I could happily stay a lot longer. 

Wish you were here :) xx

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see The BFG.
    Will miss your postcards when you go home. They have given me a right giggle-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good Sheila. You should definitely go and see it. I've never read the book so didn't know the story but Thomas has. The cinema was really sweet. Reminded me of when I was little. There were only 90 seats in there and it had sold out. The atmosphere before it started was really good. Full of children who were all really excited. Much better than the big screens where quite often there's only a few people in. xx

      Delete
  2. Your time has whizzed by! It sounds just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Can't believe we've been there for 9 nights and the first week of the holidays is already over. We had a lovely time. So glad we went down this route rather than a static van. xx

      Delete
  3. ooh, I wonder if Violet would enjoy that film. I'll have to ask her.
    Your Enid Blyton esque holiday has been a joy to tag along on. love your description of being awake early and watching the world wake up too. Very nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know I'm not an early riser so on the odd occasion I am up at the crack of dawn, and it really doesn't happen very often, I really do enjoy watching the world wake up.

      Thomas loved the BFG and so did I! I've not read the book so can't compare it but it was really enjoyable. Good value for money too. I think the running time was nearly 2 hours. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had another lovely day. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time (apart from the hot, tetchy, sausage cooking day haha). Couldn't have asked for a better start to the school holidays. xx

      Delete