Saturday, 16 July 2016

Postcards from The Van Day 3

The sun is shining and the site has filled up. Lots of families with children have arrived. Or rather lots of grandparents with grandchildren.

Thomas is spending more time out of the van than in it which is good. He definitely likes his first taste of independence and having the freedom to wander off on his own for a walk.

He wanted to go back to the park this morning and the donkeys were on the beach so he had a ride on Bobby.

This afternoon we had visitors. Matthew, Sophie and Sienna. Sienna is staying here with us for the night. Mummy and Daddy will be picking her up tomorrow, hence the no gin rule today. Although if she doesn’t sleep I’m thinking maybe she could have a drop!

I’m a great believer in lots of fresh air for babies. I used to put Amy and Thomas out in their prams in all weather. Same for Sienna. After a couple of laps of the site we parked her in the awning.
Later on we took her and Thomas to Cleveleys for a walk on the front and then the 3 of us with teeth had good old fish and chips. She's just had her feed. The next two are the killers. Midnight and 3am!

Definitely wish you were here :) xx





12 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to be there and meet Sienna. She's coming on well and looks beautiful. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's changed so much since we saw her last which was only 2 weeks ago. She's put on 8oz and is a little fatty now weighing in at 5lbs 4oz. xx

      Delete
  2. ha! Ok, now I'm glad I'm not there! I wish you joy and luck with the night time feeds :O)
    Oh, but she's so pretty. How lovely to have a little baby for a night, and how lucky are the new mum and dad? I hope they appreciated it! I'm sure they do. A decent nights sleep is a rare thing with a newborn, or it was in this house (though Bill slept through and told anyone who'd listen, so did Violet. Total lie. I still have shadows under my eyes to prove it).

    Glad Thomas is enjoying himself too. :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like playing dollies. I had a great time, dressing, feeding and pushing her in the pram. The night feeds I could well pass on though. Bill sounds like Mark, I honestly don't think he did any night feeds although he would beg to differ. I think when he says he got up he means to stumble past crying baby, to the loo and back to bed :)xx

      Delete
  3. Waking up to feed baby doesn't sound very appealing at my age until you look at Sienna - she's so gorgeous!
    Hope it went OK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was worth every wake up call I got but I'm pretty relieved I won't be doing it tonight. She's welcome to a sleepover once a week though. xx

      Delete
  4. She looks beautiful. Good luck with the night feeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that brought back memories Bless. She feeds every 3 hours but there's probably only 2 hours between her settling down and waking up again and only one hour between me dropping off and having to get up again. They don't use lack of sleep as a form of torture for nothing! xx

      Delete
  5. Did Matthew not give you any top tips to look after Sienna?!!!
    I am beyond jealous at you in holiday mode! Four flipping days to go! I'm even going on the school bus tomorrow - taking my pupil so they can experience getting the school bus in a morning and practicing where they get off and go first thing into school!! Think of me, with loads of ex pupils too on a hot noisy school bus at 8am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think he's realised she's a law unto herself and will do as she pleases. Thomas' school seems to have finished really early this year. The only other children on site seem to be from Scotland.

      I really like how you do this bus thing with children who need a bit of help. It must reassure them and their parents.

      Read your blog last night, glad you are better. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh isn't she just gorgeous?
    I have just had cuddles with my two girls. It's just the best thing being a Ganma-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to have her stay over, she was really good. I feel quite honoured Sophie trusted me, she's only 2 weeks and 3 days old. Don't mind admitting I'm relieved my sleep won't be disturbed tonight though. xx

      Delete