Saturday, 2 July 2016

Nearly home, but not quite

Sienna couldn't regulate her own temperature last night, so she had to go in an incubator. We went to see them this afternoon and she's progressed to just lying on a heat mat to keep warm so she's moving in the right direction. They have to stay in for another 24 hours at least though. Sophie was desperate for some fresh air so her and Matthew went for a short walk while I fed her. That's our first babysitting stint under our belt. 
Thomas has been to a paint balling party this afternoon. It's the first time he's done it and he loved it. They had a small shop and of course we ended up buying another gun for his collection. He's spent the last hour rolling around on our bed shooting 'baddies'.
On the crafting front I've added a crochet pull string and tassel to the hats.
And I've pinched this idea off the internet for a quick blanket. A piece of fleece, scored around the edge with the skip blade cutter and a border crocheted around it. I taught myself the scallop edging last night and I'm pretty pleased with it. I just need to give it a light press so they lie flat.
We're having a Chinese tonight and I have the urge for a G&T. On the TV front we've got Orange is the New Black and Odyssey lined up. 

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I'm resting my iPad on my fat full up tummy of Indian take away in front of Hollyoaks omnibus! We love it. How teeny is that wee bottle?! I've the where with all to make a G n T but I really couldn't squish one in! Love the blanket edge. Clever clogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for spring rolls and sweet and sour chicken. The bottle was about as big as one of those magic baby bottles you can buy for dolls. She drank 35ml of milk (or if you're old school like me 1oz) and did two massive burps! I was pretty chuffed with my scallop edging :) xx

      Delete
    2. Ohhh remember the smugness of getting the baby's wind up!!! 1oz makes sense to me!!

      Delete
    3. Haha, the bigger the burp the more superior you feel. I'm rubbish with metric and if anybody tells me how much a baby weights in kilos I've not a clue what they're talking about. xx

      Delete
  2. you've had a busy day! Poor Sophie, I bet she was glad to get out for a while. Hope they can go home soon.

    Just scoffed McDonalds. Full to the brim with burgers and far too many chips!
    You are a clever clogs with the crochet and quilts.

    Boys and their guns! :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the not cooking more than the actual take away if I'm honest. I'm fed up to the back teeth of standing in the kitchen lately.

      The blanket is a really easy project to do. It fascinates me how people come up with these ideas. xx

      Delete
  3. Sienna is in the best place for her for the moment until she's doing a little better. Very scary to take a sick baby home, especially when it's your first, and you're worrying about every little thing. There'll be lots and lots of time at home with her in a few days.
    I love your blanket with the edging. I just saw something similar on the internet the other day on the edge of a bag-very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was definitely in the right place. It's just so frustrating when they say you can go home, then there's a little blip and they change their minds. But they are home now! Discharged this morning and happily settling into family life.

      It's a really simple but effective project isn't it. At first I just tried poking a crochet needle through the fleece but there was no way that was working so I figured out there must be a tool out there and hey presto, there's a special blade. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope Sienna will be able to go home soon. Your hats are cute and so is the blanket with the crocheted edge. I need to look into those fancy rotary cutters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. They were discharged this morning and are settling in nicely at home. No doubt we'll be popping over to see them sometime in the week.

      The rotary cutters weren't expensive, I think I paid £7 for 3 blades. Definitely worth buying. xx

      Delete