Friday, 8 July 2016

Back at the van

I took Mum into Middleton this morning so she could collect her glasses. The shop where I usually buy my pretty boxes from has closed down so I picked up some basic storage boxes for more crafty bits. I also bought a tube of hand cream which is lovely. My hands are supersoft and smell gorgeous!
Back home, it was the usual daily chores of hoovering, ironing, swishing the bathroom etc. Then I prepped some food for the weekend. I made a chili for tonight, popped some samosas in the oven for when Mark gets the munchies, cooked up a load of sausages for Thomas and threw a bit of salad stuff into a box to go with ..... wait for it..... a BBQ tomorrow evening! Not a 'real' BBQ though. Last time we were at the van we tried a disposable one and it worked really well so we'll be doing that again. I've bought burgers and kebabs and as long as we don't BBQ sausages I'm sure peace and harmony with reign and we'll go to bed on speaking terms.
In between getting ready I nipped out into the garden and cut a few more flowers. The wind had blown these over and the stems had broken and it seemed a shame to just leave them there.
I have to admit it's lovely sending Mark off to set the van up a day early. All I have to do is turn up in holiday mode. We're in a slightly different position with the van this weekend but still down at the play area end so we can see Thomas when he goes on the swing.
We're parked next door but one to this which we've named The Horse. I love all the different caravans but not sure this would be my first choice. 
We've had a game of pairs. My memory is shocking and Thomas beats me every time.
And now I'm just about to have a walk around the site and then pour myself one of these.
Hope you all have a good weekend. 

xxx





23 comments:

  1. Wish we were there too. Going to be a good Wimbledon on Sunday- should really support Andy but I find him excruciating to watch! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be so frustrating can't he. You think he has it in the bag then he goes to pot. He's not somebody I can truly warm to either. xx

      Delete
  2. yep, I need to come and stay with you one weekend. Your blog posts show it to be really relaxing and fun.

    Will you be caravanning in the winter too? I'm curious to know, because well, I a curious (read nosey).

    Have a gorgeous weekend, enjoy the tennis xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun Sadie. I can always make the top bunk up whenever you fancy joining us :)

      Yes, we're hoping to take it out all year round. Some sites are open 365 days a year and the van is 'four season' which I think means will keep you warm even on the cold days haha.

      There are tentative thoughts going around my head to do with the Christmas holidays especially if it's a mild December. xx

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend. It looks like the sky is blue for you. Enjoy your BBQ. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely when we turned up Friday evening, rained on and off Saturday and was fine again Sunday. I don't mind though. I like cosying down in the van if the weather isn't good. xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you are all set to have a fun and relaxing weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time especially as it was all set up when we got there. Will have to pull my weight this weekend though when everything needs putting away. xx

      Delete
  5. Hope the weather behaves for you-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit hit and miss Sheila, but didn't stop us from getting out and about. The rain even held off while Mark BBQ'd :) xx

      Delete
  6. I really wish I could be there with you.
    I lived in Blackpool for several years so it is dear to my heart.
    My Mum lived in Blackpool but had a static van close to St Annes on a small but pretty site.
    After I emigrated to the US I visited her as much as I could, Mum and I
    so enjoyed "going to the van" for several days at a time. Really happy memories for me, a very special time in my life to remember as Mum is no longer with us.
    Thank you for sharing and for reminding me of all the good times.
    I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
    Love from Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have many happy memories Pam. I'm hoping Amy and Thomas will look back on our trips away with a smile on their face. There are some lovely sites around the area. It always makes me smile when we tell people we're going to Blackpool, the look on their faces is quite funny. But behind the scenes it's beautiful especially at the Lytham end. We had a static on Ribby Hall when Amy was little, not sure if you know it? But in all honesty I prefer touring around. xx

      Delete
  7. Should be a great final on Sunday, your guy and our guy!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the match was really good. I prefer tennis that's tennis and not where points are all scored on serves which can be so boring.

      Raonic should be proud of himself. He was a good opponent and came off court looking as fresh and composed as when he went on, whereas Murray looked done in bless him. xx

      Delete
  8. Hope it stays fine for you, enjoy it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. It was hit and miss with the weather but it didn't stop us doing what we wanted to do. xx

      Delete
  9. and I meant to say that de-mountable caravan looks very weird, how big is the thing pulling it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those that when you press something the side comes out and your living area is extended. The strange thing is though it doesn't have any windows to look out of. I love our big window at the front and around the sides. The vehicle pulling it looked like a tow truck but smaller if that makes sense. Sorry I'm rubbish with cars and Mark's not here to tell me what it was. xx

      Delete
  10. It's a lovely rainy day here and I'm pleasing myself! Can't allow myself to fall into holiday mode just yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Rachel. Pleasing yourself is one of the best things in the world :) Not long now though before that holiday can start big style. xx

      Delete
  11. Ah gin and tonic .. I don't drink but when I lived in England, I used to make an eception for one of those..or two .. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a nice refreshing G&T. I don't really drink either but somehow managed to get through 2 G&T's and a bottle of prosseco this weekend! I could go for months now though without another drop touching my lips. xx

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete