Sunday, 24 July 2016

Holiday Mode Continues

Apart from bunging several loads of washing in the machine, I've still been very much in holiday mode today, which basically means I've not done anything I didn't really fancy doing.

This morning I managed to get in the garden for an hour to tidy up the pots and deadhead the geraniums before it started to rain. The honeysuckle is coming on a treat and the jasmine has blossomed while I've been away and smells wonderful.
Then I confess to pretty much sitting and crocheting for the rest of the day. This is going to be a small comfort blanket to go in with the bundle. Just need to crochet a border and sew the motif on.
My Avon delivery arrived. I don't buy much in the way of make up but I always put an order in for shower gel or bubble bath. I think I've said before my Avon rep is definitely not your stereotypical one. For a start he's male, definitely over 55, hardly a hair on his head and probably only half a dozen teeth. In winter he wears a big yellow flourescent jacket and in summer always a shirt and jacket. He lives just across the way from us and takes his job very seriously and is very thorough with his orders. I know a lot of neighbours buy from him just because he is who he is. 
At the moment me and Mark are sat watching a film called Real Steel. It's about a young boy and fighting robots. It's definitely aimed at kids but ours are nowhere to be seen and I'm not ashamed to admit me and Mark are totally enjoying it. 

xxx

10 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha......sometimes Andy and I can be found watching kids films when we have nothing else to watch. Maleficent, Cinderella and Frozen are favourites...lol.
    Is the photograph the flowers on the jasmine? I have a jasmine in my garden and it doesn't look anything like that. It has the tiniest flowers on it I have ever seen and it doesn't smell at all.
    I don't blame you for staying in holiday mode....it's a very nice place to be-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh. Me and Mark ended up watching Alice in Wonderland yesterday with Amy. I can get quite engrossed in children's films.

      It's definitely a Jasmine. According to the label it's a new variety called Clotted Cream. I thought all Jasmine had a fragrance? But I'm definitely not a Percy Thrower so don't quote me on that. If Sadie reads this maybe she can tell us. Her husband is a gardener. xx

      Delete
  2. We've been watching some RIGHT films lately. Def NOT for children. Tell you tomorrow! I'm too harrowed right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh sounds intriguing. We like a good film. I definitely have a thing for English films as well. The grittier the better. Do share. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to stay in holiday mode for another day. :) Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell wonderful. Think we came back at just the right time though, everything was wilted. Another couple of days and I may not have been able to revive them. Holiday mode was well and truly over yesterday. Nothing like a pile of ironing to bring you back down to earth with a bump! xx

      Delete
  4. the scent of Jasmine is such a beautiful one.
    Well it's quite right you should still be in holiday mode, because it's the summer hols! It's 9.25 and I'm still in my jim jams. And so is Violet, but she's going to moan at me soon as I need to wash her greasy old hair, so I'm sticking her in the shower. They'll be complaints galore! Though she should be happy with me. Got a text from her friends mum and we can set up a few times for her to come over and spend the day. She'll love that.

    Thanks for the comments. I replied saying that I think 10 must be the magic number for kids. The age where they find their feet and have a bit more courage and confidence. Certainly seems to be the case for our two! :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with kids and water. You'd think I wanted to wash Thomas in acid the way he carries on when he needs to get in the shower. Then when he gets in I can't flipping well get him out!

      Days at home with friends are just as good as going out. Thomas' friend is here at the moment. They're laughing away in the other room. Love that sound. Yes, they both seem to have found their feet lately don't they. Funny how they seem to be mirroring each other. It's so good to see them gain confidence in themselves. xx

      Delete
  5. Who doesn't love a good family film?

    I am trying to generate the holiday feel as much as possible. We aren't going away so the holiday must come to us, hopefully the beach weather will continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in the perfect place for a holiday. Not sure I'd venture too far away anyway if I lived over there, it's lovely. We had a lovely time and the weather couldn't have been better for us.

      The BFG was brilliant. Saw a trailer for The Secret Life of Pets which I fancy. Must try and encourage Thomas to go and see that :) xx

      Delete