Thursday, 7 July 2016

A bit of shelf sorting

I bought lemon and ginger teabags today. The ginger certainly has a kick to it. I find I prefer to drink herbal teas when they're cool rather than hot, the flavour seems to come out more.
I've cut a pile of pencil cases, 25 to be precise, which are ready to be sewn when I feel like it.
I wanted to do some knitting this morning. It was pouring down outside and it was then I knew I really wouldn't want to walk to the summerhouse just for a ball of wool. So I made a decision and cleared 3 shelves in the Xbox room.
Then I sorted out all the stuff that I use. It feels better just for tidying everything I'd rammed into the wardrobe. Now I have boxes of: stationery, sticky motifs, knitted dolls, buttons, bobbins and pencil case material. I still need to sort out and box up ribbon, quilting material, cotton, fleece and wool. With some proper sorting out I'm hoping to claim the whole of this unit over the next week. 
Thomas' school is have a book swap day on Monday so I was also able to clear another smaller shelf.
Mark has taken the van over to Blackpool today to set it up. Tomorrow when Thomas finishes school we'll all go over. Matthew, Sophie and Sienna are hoping to come and visit on Saturday which will be nice. I'm taking this with me and some strawberries so that I can watch the Wimbledon finals in style :)  

xxx






12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice weekend. Pleased to see you have the appropriate provisions for the Wimbledon final.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go for a glass (or two) of Pimms but feel the need for something a bit bubbly this weekend. I'll probably only have half a glass, it'll go straight to my head, but I know Sophie is partial to a glass of Prosecco so if they do come she might join me in a little tipple. xx

      Delete
  2. A very productive day Suzanne and what a great idea to have a book swap at the school. I hope you enjoy the tennis. I've never got into it myself but I could definitely get used to Prosecco and strawberries. Today, however, I have been generously gifted a lovely bottle of Champers in order to help us celebrate next week. ☺ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Jules that's come around quickly. I bet you can't wait can you. Is Lily excited to be a bridesmaid. Hope she's not had a massive growth spurt and her little bolero still fits her.

      Even if I don't get to watch the finals I'll be with them in spirit with the prosecco and strawberries :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'll think of you with your strawbs etc when I'm watching the finals, hope the semi's go the right way tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to buy some cream now to make them even more delicious and I'll raise a glass to you and Col. xx

      Delete
  4. you've been a busy bee. Glad you've found a home for your crafty bits.

    Jealous of your rain, it's been muggy and horrible here today. I know all the rain haters will be delighted, but it has not been pleasant.

    ooh, prosecco and strawbs. Gorgeous. Might have to do the same, even though I can't stand tennis and don't watch it. Can still have the drinky and strawbs though!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you don't like tennis you should definitely be with us in spirit and join in the bubbly and strawberry part :)

      Hate muggy weather but if it brings on a good thunderstorm I'm prepared to put up with it for a day or two. I absolutely love thunderstorms. Just hoping the weather clears up for the weekend. Fingers crossed.

      The craft stuff was beginning to overwhelm me so I'm glad I've made a start on sorting it out and organising it. Tidying up is the only way to give me a clear head which I feel I need now before I carry on with anything else. I seem to have stuff everywhere. xx

      Delete
  5. Where on earth do you get your beautiful boxes from. I love the flowered one you have on your new crafty shelf.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend in your van. I have never been able to persuade my hubby to get one and I would really love it-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got them from a shop called Store 21. I was all set to buy some more in Middleton this week but it's closed down. Such a shame because the boxes they sold were lovely.

      I never thought a caravan would be my thing, but I'm hooked. I love just rolling up at different places (although we've only been to Blackpool so far with this one) and having my own 'house' to live in. xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you found storage indoors for your craft supplies. Now, if only I can get all my craft stuff neatly organized...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well finding a few shelves and buying a few boxes is the easy bit Bless. Now I just need to sort through everything. Considering I only knit and sew I've certainly accumulated a load of stuff. xx

      Delete