Friday, 17 June 2016

Two for the price of one

Oops! Forgot to post this yesterday so you get two for the price of one today. Not that there's much to report really.

Yesterday:

No flowers from Lidl but the roses from last week are still looking good. These will be added to my dried flower vase in a couple of weeks. 
An hour or two spent on the quilt. I've hand sewn the hexys but machine sewed them onto the blocks. I thought this would be harder to do than it was, but it went well. You just need to be light on the foot pedal so it doesn't run away with itself.
I've sewn together 2 sets of 4 blocks. I need to make another 3 flowers then buy some more material for the extra 4 blocks I've decided to make.
I also faffed around with washi tape. Really I should do something more productive, but I couldn't think what. I did do some ironing though. It's my fail safe guilt free job. A pile of ironing always means I get to do anything I want to for the rest of the day :)


Today:

Is the day we pick up the caravan! It's also non-uniform day for Thomas and Amy's final GCSE exam - physics.

We've spent the past couple of hours loading up the car which finally arrived yesterday. All of this will stay in the van, so in future all we'll have to take will be food and clothes. 
I've cooked a pile of sausages for Thomas and we've managed to find a second hand Xbox for a decent price to take with us so he should have a perfect weekend!

As much as the idea of an Enid Blyton style weekend of picnics and country walks appeals, in reality it's not going to happen and as much as I love him, I don't want to spend the next 48 hours entertaining him. So although there will definitely be a walk or two and a board game, cards and dominoes, at some point we all need to do what we enjoy and if that means turning the Xbox on for a while then so be it. I'm happy to accept it will be part of our caravan life and really it's no different than me reaching for the things I've packed that I like to do.

Have a great weekend. Will try and pop by at some point if possible. 

xxx


17 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend Suzanne. I'm looking forward to the photos. Fingers crossed there will be no huge downpours or splinter incidents. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, we had a lovely time. Felt as though we'd never stopped doing it. No weekend is ever accident free with us and true to form Thomas fell off a swing. No injuries though, apart from his pride. xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the weekend and indulge yourself with your chosen pastimes. That is what holibobs, no matter how short, are for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I didn't actually do any reading or knitting, setting it all up and sorting ourselves out took up most of the weekend, but I enjoyed doing it. Next time will be different though. Lots of knitting and reading I'm sure. xx

      Delete
  3. Have a great time in your new caravan. How exciting for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely weekend, thanks Maureen. So much so that Mark and Amy have stayed for a few extra days. Thomas needs to go to school so I get to do that. I don't mind at all though. I'd rather somebody was enjoying it. xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely weekend break in your new caravan.

    Hope you have paper and pen to list the things you've forgotten! ( I speak from experience here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes there are quite a few things that I thought about when I was there. Nothing major, but I need a pair of nail clippers, a sharp knife and a dish drainer amongst other things. If you look at the picture of the fridge you'll see the G&T didn't get forgotten though! xx

      Delete
  6. Have a great weekend. I'm sure this first trip will be all about what you need to bring next time that you idn't think of for this time! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, Yes, there are a few things to take with us next time. I'm trying to set it up so we don't have to remember loads of stuff every time we go, but it's the little things that you don't think about. We'll get there eventually though. xx

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend! Look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. We had a lovely weekend. I could have stayed there but Thomas needs to get back to school. Mark wanted me to let him take some time off and I would have considered it if he was out and about in the fresh air doing things. I don't think you have to be in the classroom all the time to learn, but as his major pass time is Xbox, there's no way he's taking a couple of days off school to do that, as much as I'd have loved to stay. xx

      Delete
  8. read my comment back and I sounded like a twit. So I deleted it. just wanted to say hope you had a lovely time and the weather was good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadie, we had a great time. A bit knackering setting it all up, but we were prepared for that and we won't have to do it again, so it makes it all worthwhile. The weather was gorgeous until a couple of hours before we came home when it started raining. But I love the sound of rain on the roof of a caravan so even that doesn't put me off :) xx

      Delete