Tuesday, 14 June 2016

This morning, this afternoon, this evening

This morning I collected a matching toaster, kettle and canisters I'd ordered from Wilko. Purple is definitely not what I'd normally go for in the kitchen but a couple of the caravans had been set up with this colour and they looked really nice.
This afternoon Thomas had his physio session. The physiotherapist looked very young (a definite sign of me getting older) but she was really good with Thomas and very thorough. His right leg is the one that's 2cm longer and the difference is between the knee and the ankle. She had him doing all sorts with his legs but the conclusion was that apart from lengthening one leg or shortening the other, which made Thomas laugh, there's nothing she can actually do for him. It didn't come as any surprise really, it's just a process we needed to go through as is often the case with anything medical. She's keeping his referral 'open' though until he's seen her colleague (the podiatrist), just in case he recommends anything that she can do. If he does at least the 'open' status means we won't have to start all over again.
This evening I've got the hexy squares out again and a bit of sewing is taking place. Snitty Kitty mentioned on her blog that she'd donated some material to Project Linus. I'd never heard of it so had a look and it's a lovely project where people make blankets and quilts for sick children. So, I've decided to put my hexy flowers to good use and make a small quilt for them. 
As the pink floral is obviously for a girl and I have a thing about not leaving anybody out, I've also ordered some material suitable for a little boys quilt.

I do like my projects to be fair.

xxx







12 comments:

  1. that is one serious face on that young man!
    Ah yes, can't really alter the length of either leg really can you?! Bit of a dilemma!

    Love your hexys. Mine have all been stashed away again, so the chances are they'll stay put until later in the year, but that's ok. Lots of other stuff keeping me occupied. I like how you keep your projects nice and fair :O)

    Have a lovely evening. I'm plotting a stroll to the supermarket in the a.m to buy a glut of fresh flowers. What are the chances of me getting caught in a heavy downpour?! ;o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his Xbox face! There's no getting through to him when he's tranced off on some minecraft build or other.

      Didn't think I'd be doing anything crafty for a while but I'm missing having something to pick up when I have a spare 10 minutes so I've got them out again. Plus having a project in mind has motivated me as well.

      Weather is pretty OK here today. Don't forget to put some comfy shoes on for your shopping trip :) xx

      Delete
  2. Is that Thomas's X box face? cant wait to see your quilts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on Rachel! Yes, it's his Xbox face. It's a serious business minecrafting and going on a mission or two. I'm hoping I can pull the quilt off. I'm OK with the top, it's the rest I struggled with last time. xx

      Delete
    2. I love how 'X box face' is a thing!

      Delete
    3. You should see his 'annoyed Xbox face' whens something hasn't gone right. Now that is worth posting a picture of haha. He all but froths at the mouth. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm also assuming that's Thomas's gaming face. He looks very serious. I hope his leg isn't causing him too much bother. The hexy fabric is very sweet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lot know him so well, yes it's his Xbox face. His leg is still aching but I think he's just got used to it. Actually it's his hip and knee more than anything which is why we need to get something sorted out. I really don't want it to get worse as he gets older. xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like Thomas is concentrating very hard on something! :) I like your canisters; purple is a favorite color. A quilt or two for Project Linus is a very good idea. I'm sure you will enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's on his Xbox game Bless. When you're 10 years old it's a very serious business haha. I like purple myself. I have a purple suite in the other room which probably sounds awful, but is actually quite nice. It's just not something I'd normally chose for my kitchen, but it'll be nice to have a change in the caravan.

      Just hope I can do the actual quilting and backing this time, although the quilt won't be as big as the last one I tried so hopefully it'll be easier to handle. xx

      Delete
  5. Nice idea with the girls and boys quilts. I do love Thomas's gaming face - very determined. Sorry to hear about the leg problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gaming world is all very serious when you're 10 years old. I don't know if Flo plays minecraft but a couple of weeks ago Thomas invited a friend to his city who then proceeded to destroy what Thomas had built. You can kick people off but Thomas was in another part of his world so didn't see what was going on. Quite rightly, he was furious, but it's hard not to laugh sometimes.

      The leg problem will only be solved by this wedge thing in his shoe, but I can't see him liking that at all. He doesn't even like labels in his clothes:( xx

      Delete