Sunday, 5 June 2016

Revving up for another clear out

Another beautiful day here at Number 38.

I had a good clear out downstairs yesterday and now I'm itching to get on with the Xbox room but I need Thomas back at school before I can go in there and get started properly. 

There seemed to be wool all over the house so I've gathered it all up, sorted it out and boxed it up in one place.
I've been to Tesco to do a 'tide me over til Thursday' shop which cost nearly as much as my weekly shop at Lidl for only half the stuff. I also bought some rice to boil for the dogs. It seems to have been a sh!te few days all round here, literally and figuratively speaking and although the dogs seem to be coming round there's no miraculous recovery just yet. 
Mum came down for coffee. It's her birthday tomorrow. She has few needs or wants so instead of the usual book, flowers, stationery that I tend to buy her, I'm taking her out for lunch or afternoon tea one day to the garden centre. She likes to have a look around and Amy and Thomas have made a voucher for her to buy some plants while she's there. 
Mark is having a fantastic time shooting. He text me that they were using AK47's and working their way up! I have images of them rolling up the road with a deer strapped to the front of the hire car. Don't worry, no animals are involved :)

And that's pretty much it for today. Lots of sorting out and throwing away is on the agenda for this week. Paperwork especially needs looking at, ours and Joans. The amount of stuff we have concerning her is unbelievable. I'm off to look at Wilko's website now to see what pretty files they have to make the job a nicer one to do. Really I'd be better making a start but I have perfected the art of procrastination, so I'll leave it for now!

xxx




















10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your Mum!

    Paperwork and wool just seems to multiply overnight, don't they? Good idea to get some pretty files to make the paperwork nicer to do.

    Ah, the art of procrastination! I'm pretty good at that, too! :D

    Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless, I will pass your birthday wishes on. She reads your blog so knows who you are :)

      I tend to pile the paperwork up intending to file it but when I actually get around to doing the job it's that out of date I can usually just throw most of it away!

      A bit of procrastination is good for the soul and blood pressure! xx

      Delete
  2. I love a bit of yarn sorting. It does sound like you have had an up and down few days, I hope things settle soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to be using up what I had, but somehow managed to buy another half dozen balls so I had more colour choice! We just seem to be going through one of those phases of things not going quite right at the moment, that's life I suppose xx

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your mum!

    Oh, I feel you with your need to declutter. Every year, around Violet's birthday I feel the urge to have a good clean and tidy. I don't know if it's because of all the birthday clutter, or the messiness of the day itself, but I have such an urge to tidy and clean. Luckily, that can be tomorrow.

    Hope the poo problem clears up for the dogs soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Sadie. I love arranging and organising birthdays and all that goes with them, but I'm equally glad to see the back of all the stuff that goes with them. Love, love, love taking the birthday cards down. Feel like I can breathe again. I've been thinking about you and all that confetti all day. xx

      Delete
  4. Your wool stash looks much like mine. Good luck with the clearout, it's always so much easier when people are out of the way. I hope the dogs are feeling better. Maybe the heat isn't helping. Definitely get new files. You can't tidy properly without new files. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely work better when I'm on my own if I'm doing a de-clutter. Other people in the house make me feel cluttered before I've even started so I need a people free zone.

      Dogs are eating and drinking and are better in themselves but not really improving. Think I'm going to end up getting something from the Vet.

      I got the new files and most of the paperwork is hidden away now :) xx

      Delete
  5. Re your wool stash... Be warned, I started off with one box. They do multiply behind your back you know!! Hope your Mum had a lovely birthday and all the sh*te is well and truly over with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitting projects was a way of getting rid of bits of wool I had left over. It's had exactly the opposite effect. By wanting to knit with different colours I've now got a full box again. They're very pretty colours though. Touch wood all sh!te seems to be over. xx

      Delete