Friday, 24 June 2016

Prom Night

Mark and Amy came home this morning. They'd taken a few photos for me of their week together and from the look of things they fared pretty well. 
As well as burgers they'd also cooked fillet steak, chicken and had a kebab. Plus a rather delicious salted caramel cheesecake had been purchased. I've told Mark I shall expect him to look after me just as well this weekend. Sorry, I can't rotate the photos. 
The day has been mainly focused on Amy getting ready for her prom night which started with her painting her nails silver to match her bag and jewellery.
After spending well over an hour in the bathroom, she then toddled off to have her hair and make-up done. Thankfully, although it was quite by chance, she wore a blouse, otherwise I'd have been cutting her out of the t-shirt she usually wears. 
Then it was time for the dress and shoes. It was a bit tricky to get on over her hair and I ended up standing on the bed to help her. 
There was talk of limousines a few weeks ago, which Amy wasn't too bothered about. Just as well because it never did materialise, so we took her and her friend in Mark's car; well the hire car. 
I was all set to have a ganders at the other girls when we dropped them off, but the traffic was horrendous and we couldn't get anywhere near the school. 
After dropping me back home Mark and Thomas headed to the van. Amy is staying out at her friends so I'm on dog sitting duty. 

Tomorrow I will be getting a train to Blackpool. Mark will pick me up and although it will be a flying visit as I won't get there until early afternoon, I'm still really looking forward to it. Plus I'll get to meet Catriona who always leaves me lovely messages and who will also be on the caravan site. The world is such a small place isn't it. 

And because I'm not sure I'll be on her until Sunday evening, 

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL
Hope you have a lovely day 


xxx

13 comments:

  1. that's it. next weekend I'm spending it with you. I want steak, and wine (ok, you didn't mention that, but it has to be there, right?) and silver nails. I want to relax!

    And I want to get away from all the twitter claptrap. apparently absolutely NO ONE on twitter (apart from me and Rachel) voted out, and twitter are disgusted and outraged! pah! Own it, I say.

    Anyway. You must be so proud of your Young Lady. She looks so beautiful and grown up. I hope she enjoys her prom.

    Have a gorgeous weekend. ooh, must email. All ok (ish), Violet seems better, further tests being done, back at the drs on Monday, but *fingers crossed* back to school then too. Hoping for a healthy weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome any time, I'm hoping for great things tomorrow from Mark when I go over :)

    Well, the 3 of us have obviously brought the country to it's knees single handedly if no-one else voted out. I bet Juncker was quaking in his boots when he learned which way we'd voted. I believe there's already a petition on the go to have another referendum on some technicality or other. I'd have respected the majority whichever way it went but to demand another go makes me think of a child having a tantrum because they didn't win the game so you have to play again and let them win.

    She does scrub up well doesn't she. I took a photo of her with her eyes closed because her make-up was lovely but she looked like she was dead so I didn't post it! They've gone to the Etihad Stadium for their do. I had three texts from school. Not just me I hasten to add, they were round robins. The first was be there promptly at 6pm or else. The second was anybody under the influence wouldn't be allowed to go (they didn't specify alcohol so I'm assuming they meant drugs as well). And the third was bags would be searched as they went into the stadium. Goodness knows what the teachers expect them all to be getting up to. From the sounds of it you'd think they were a right load of reprobates.

    So glad to hear that Violet seems better. Must say your GP seems very thorough. Right off to watch the news and to see if you, me and Rachel have caused any more chaos in the world. Have a lovely relaxing illness free weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cackled then at the thought of three ( very glamorous) middle aged crafters ruining the country!!!

      Delete
  3. Your daughter looks amazing. Hope she has a fab night. Enjoy your weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maureen. She had a great time. I've seen some photos and the boys look really awkward in their suits bless them, and some of the girls, well....a few looked at least 10 years older than they really are! They all had a brilliant time though which is the main thing. xxx

      Delete
  4. Aww Suzanne she looks beautiful X I got a bit choked up! Hope she had an amazing time! You'll have a great time on your mini hols! I'm off to enjoy my birthday - you won't believewhat the kids got me !!! Im OVER THE CHUFFING MOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. When I went to collect her from the hairdresser I did a double take. I could tell Amy was thrilled with how she looked as well by the huge smile on her face.

      Hope you've had a fantastic birthday weekend. What did the kids get you????I can't see anything on your blog. Tell me, tell me, tell me, she shouts jumping up and down. Unless it was a stripper of course, in which case e-mail me!!!xx

      Delete
  5. Amy looks beautiful Suzanne. I hope she had a wonderful time. Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. I thought so to. The photos don't do her make up justice, but her eye make up was lovely. xx

      Delete
  6. Amy looks lovely. Hope she had a great time at the prom.

    Hope you have a fun weekend; looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. She had a great time. She was a bit nervous, she can be quite self conscious when she's dressed up and definitely feels more at ease in leggings and trainers, but she was fine. I've seen some photos and some of the dresses wouldn't have been out of place at the Oscars! Quite a lot of bare flesh and bosoms on display!!! xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos, I hope she had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She had a lovely time. A bit disappointed with the food, especially only being served one roast potato haha, but apart from that it sounds as though she really enjoyed herself. xx

      Delete