Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Practicing Peace and Tranquility

I was up and down again in the night with Wendy so the first job of the day was to phone the vet. The nurse advised some over the counter medication before going to the expense of a consultation so I'm now the female equivalent of James Herriot administering daily doses of doggy Imodium. 
Then it was on to American Golf. Amy's maths tutor plays golf so she's bought him some golf balls and and we've got him a voucher. I know he gets paid for what he does but he hasn't charged us the going rate plus several times he's stayed longer than he should have done and also gone to the trouble of setting and marking work for her in his own time as well. 
On the cleaning and clearing front I did Thomas' bedroom, the airing cupboard, a pile of ironing and dusted down the display cabinet. Nothing much to throw out today, but it all feels fresher. And seaside Betty Boop has come out in celebration of summer seeming to have well and truly arrived. 
Thomas' appointment for his first physio session has come through for next week. I was confused at first as I thought he was going in September, but then I remembered that appointment is for the shoe wedge. 

And my Angel Thought for Today is this. I need to put this into practice but....
.... Mark already has this down to a tee as he seems able to close his eyes regularly, retreating to his own quiet place for quite a while!

xxx




9 comments:

  1. I hope that medicine does the trick.

    I was out hoovering the grass again today, so a lot less confetti is getting traipsed in now. that makes me happy. I gave away what was left over to my mum, she can have the mess in her garden and house now! ha ha.

    I like those sort of things, the thoughts of today. It's always good to remember stuff like that. I'm sure some people get bored when I tweet quotes and sayings, but I see something and think 'I like that, I'll share it' so I do. Sometimes it's just nice to read something that says 'you're doing ok' or something similar. Or just to suggest you close your eyes and breathe. All good stuff.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite liked the look of your sparkly grass, but yes, I imagine it's like glitter which gets everywhere and hangs around for weeks.

      The Angel Book is lovely, to read and to look at. There is a page of text then it's summed up at the end with a 'thought'. I could easily read a few pages a day, but I'm limiting myself to one so that it lasts the year. Would also love a book of Bible verses but struggling to find something that I have in mind. xx

      Delete
  2. Hope the dogs get better soon with the medication. I'm dealing with cat throw up at this side of the pond!

    Love the Angel saying of the day. Now, if only we remember to actually do it! Had to laugh when I read that your husband has got it down to a tee! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful isn't it Bless from our point of view and theirs! Mark can certainly take himself off for a few 'moments'. In fact, he could have written this piece himself. xx

      Delete
  3. I wonder if the kennel where you board Wendy feeds her the food you normally give her or if they feed some of their own? When we switched boarding places for our 2 dogs they required us to bring our own food and bowl and we have not experienced any tummy upsets since. Also pumpkin(plain canned NOT pie filling with sugar) with rice is a great remedy for doggie tummy upsets. you can also add a bit of yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HiTCandace, I always take their own food in to try and avoid this kind of thing happening, but whether they get given it or now who knows. I'm sure it's something they've picked up in the kennels as they're usually fine. Never heard of pumpkin being given before, not even sure I'd find it over here :) Wendy has one dose of medicine left, if she's no better she'll have to go to the vet, poor thing. xx

      Delete
    2. Waitrose sell tins of pumpkin :O) I'm here to help! x

      Delete
    3. Haha, I've always wanted to try pumpkin pie so I'd go and buy some just for that but we don't have a Waitrose. I bet Sainsburys have it though. Luckily, fingers crossed, touch wood, don't speak too soon, I don't think I'll need it for Wendy. There seems to have been a change today. Hoping the medicine has done it's job. xx

      Delete
  4. We are still humming and aaahing over a puppy and your post doesn't encourage me at all!!! I hope Wendy is much better though, poor little poppet. Thomas' feet/legs will probably hurt more whilst he gets used to the shoe wedge(s). I speak from experience! I do love that little Betty Boo ornament. I've just come back from my friend's who bought her Son's English sh tutor some perfume and an Orla Kierly handbag - I may branch out into tutoring!

    ReplyDelete