Sunday, 26 June 2016

I never knew I was....but apparently I am

I never knew I was, but watching Sky News at the caravan last night, it would appear that I am. If you're wondering what I'm on about, it would seem when I voted on Thursday I also took part in a survey and I am now one of the millions who are considered to be bigoted, racist and uneducated. I supposedly do not hold a passport, have never travelled abroad, live in a house worth less than £££ and earn less than the average national wage of £££. I think the only thing they missed out was obese!

I might have been offended but by the time I was listening to this I'd had 2 G&T's and found it all quite amusing even though I expect the tipple I enjoyed could lead me to also being labelled an alcoholic. Ah well. 

I might have only been away for 24 hours but it was definitely worth the effort. The journey from Manchester took 90 minutes and Mark and Thomas were waiting for me when I arrived in Blackpool.

As I thought, there was no lunch prepared, I think Mark was fed up of cooking, so we went to the garden centre which is just a 2 minute drive from the caravan club site.
It's a lovely place and as well as plants, there is a gift shop, food store, butchers, cafe and a caravan and camping section.
Mark wanted to treat me to this lovely candle lamp and after a lot of umming and ahhing I finally chose violet.
Then we bought steak and burgers for our supper.
And some ham from the deli counter plus a toffee cake to go with our afternoon cuppa. I'm not a fan of bought cake but this was delicious.
I also managed to sit down and do some knitting and now have a little stash of dolly bonnets. In the evening we had a drive over to the arcade at Lytham and a walk along the front. 

This morning Catriona and her husband came to 'visit' us. What a lovely couple they are. We were mid 'packing up' so they saw us in all our glory. Myself with no makeup (aargh!), Mark in his shorts, (think knobbly knees) and of course Thomas in his PJ's. We had a long easy going chat and being able to put a face and voice to any future comments will be lovely.
Glug Glug has been put away now for a couple of weeks. Next weekend Thomas has a birthday party to go to and we are going out for a  meal with Matthew and Sophie.

After a few weeks of excitement and unforeseen events, touch wood everything seems back to normal now and this week my main priority will be catching up with some housework, my fave blogs and of course a little bit of quilting may well be squeezed in.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I'll be popping by to say hello to you all tomorrow. 

xxx






13 comments:

  1. I buy most of my plants from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place. I can see myself visiting there quite often when we're over there in the caravan. I'd like to walk down the lane but there are no footpaths and it's quite narrow and fairly busy which is a shame. The houses they're building opposite look really nice. xx

      Delete
  2. It was lovely to meet you all today and put a voice to you too. You have beautiful skin and I see who Amy takes it from. We went to the Freeport today and some sandals fell into my hand! It's lashing down with rain here now so glad you got away when it was dry. Look on Fan my Flame's blog for another wee handstitching idea which I'm going to trywith the upcyclers when we start again in August. There has been a terrible accident at the theme park in Strathclyde Park very near to where we stay and where there's a CC site. Hope you enjoy Moreton and that we may meet again and have some coffee/ chat/crafty time. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catriona. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Meeting up again would be lovely, especially if we can add coffee and crafty time to our get together:)

      We pretty much walked in as the fairground accident was unfolding on the news. It's terrible. Those poor children and their parents.

      I will have a look on the blog you've mentioned. I'm piecing together a few scraps myself today to try and get another quilt out of the material I bought. Next time I'm over there I will definitely pop into Bizzie Lizzies and mention that you sent me in.

      Hope to see you again. Enjoy your week and let's hope the weather improves for you. xx

      Delete
  3. well you know I approve of the candle!

    ah. for a democratic society, there certainly seems to be outrage that people chose not to vote the same as everyone one else. I'm sick of it actually. I've had to unfollow people on twitter because the constant moaning and retweeting stuff that THEY find relevant has driven me mad. And the entire 'wasn't me' attitude is annoying. So no one - NO ONE - was guilty of it, yet they'd all kept nice and quiet about their vote beforehand. The phrase 'jumping on the bandwagon' springs to mind, but what do I know? Just an old racist, clearly.

    Moving on.
    Glad you had a lovely weekend. And got to meet a fellow blogger too! Here's to a nice, normal week for us all! (Violet is going to school tomorrow! yey!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would and it smells lovely.

      I'm more surprised at the verbal civil war we've entered into since the referendum. Plus the mentality of 'it didn't go our way so can we have another go' amazes me. Erm newsflash, this isn't school where everyone's a winner.

      But as you say, moving on. Our weekend was perfect. And meeting Catriona and her husband was a pleasure. They are a lovely couple, so easy going and friendly. Very glad to hear Violet is going to school tomorrow. Hope you have a good week. xx

      Delete
    2. OMG Not having a passport means I for the stereotype too. I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of it. I'm sure had the result been the other way round, us outies would have shrugged our little racist shoulders and er that's it! Carried on with normal life! Though the news is fascinating to watch in snippets!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmm like the look of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a toss up between carrot cake or toffee cake. I think I chose the right one. It was delicious. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you had a good weekend. I wouldn't pay any attention to the survey; what do they know? Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, he weekend was great, I can't wait to get the van out again in a couple of weeks.

      I don't think they know very much in my humble opinion. And they couldn't be more off the mark where I'm concerned and I suspect a lot of other people as well. xx

      Delete
  6. Just found our blog! At last someone who actually 'isn't!' ;-) (Oh and you forgot 'old' in your list ;-) )

    I too have been totally shocked and stunned at what I have seen and read over the last few days. Nuff said, I am simply going to enjoy your blog :-)

    Love your candle and the little 'lamp shade'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Serenata and welcome to Number 38. I think the last few days have been awful, I thought we British had more decorum :)

      I'm glad you are enjoying the blog, it's just our everyday life, where nothing much happens yet something always seems to be going on, if you know what I mean haha. xx

      Delete