Monday, 6 June 2016

Clearing and Sorting Again

I'm feeling a teeny bit tired today. Wendy barked 4 times in the night to be let out, which to be fair was very good of her. Three times I managed to throw myself out of bed, stagger downstairs, fumble with the blinds, unlock the door and let her out. Once I didn't quite make it and had to deal with the consequences half asleep and dry heaving at 3am. 

There's no rest for the wicked though, especially when it's a school day, so it was up at the usual time cracking on with all that needs to be done within that hectic school morning time frame. 

On my list today was our bedroom and bathroom and I gave both a thorough going over albeit in a rather slow fashion. I did manage to get rid of a fair bit of stuff though and by the time I was ready to go to the tip Cherry was pretty full.
I also managed to go through a load of paperwork. The stuff for Number 38 isn't too bad but we have loads of paperwork regarding Joan. We managed to throw a carrier bag full away and the rest I can hide in the box files I bought from Wilko. 
While I was there I also bought a new dinner service. A couple of side plates and a dinner plate have been broken recently so I needed to add to and although these don't match they're close enough.
As well as the jigsaw, Mum also gave me some money for my birthday and I chose this book from WHS. I like books like this. I'm not really into 'self help/motivational/go get it/feel the fear' type of reading, but I do love a gentle daily inspirational verse or two. The title on the first page is "Know We Are Always With You". Well, if one of my angels wouldn't mind popping down and helping out with the dog duties tonight that would be great. 
We've just got back from visiting Joan. She was already in bed, fast asleep and snoring like a trooper. We've left her sweets on the bedside cabinet and we'll pop back again tomorrow.

The car looks like it's going to take a while. The engineer from the insurance company can't look at it until next Monday. We're supposed to be picking the caravan up next Friday. Im pretty sure that might not be happening because  a) I don't think it'll be fixed that quickly and b) if it's a write off I'm sure we won't find another one in 4 days.

Right, I'm going to water the plants now, make a brew and settle down to watch an episode of The Disappearance. It's about a missing girl and is sub titled but I've really got into it. Get me, I'm such a cultured chick haha. 

xxx









10 comments:

  1. I think you should give yourself a day off tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, does any wife/mother ever really have a day off, even when they are having a day off. Men seem to be able to switch off completely from what's going on around them. Mark is especially good at that where Amy and Thomas are concerened. They always shout Mum first because they've learned most of the time Mark just doesn't bother answering them when I'm around. xx

      Delete
    2. This made me giggle - there's an Internet meme thing that says
      "My real name is 'Mum' but I answer to ' mum mum mum mum mum mum mum'!!

      Delete
    3. They'll even walk past Mark who's sitting in the lounge to shout MUM upstairs if I'm not around! xx

      Delete
  2. You accomplished a lot after a night of disturbed sleep. You did really well with your decluttering, too! I really like your file boxes. Very pretty.

    Hope the dogs are better, tomorrow. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with de-cluttering is that it's all behind the scenes stuff, so the house doesn't really look any different, but my brain feels clearer for it, so that's a bonus. Really should do a car boot but just can't face the thought of sorting through everything we've stored, loading the car and standing there for a few hours just yet. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you are well rested today and that you got a good nights sleep in. You are a busy bee with the decluttering, can you come here and do mine now? I'm fed up with the constant battle to keep the house clean, tidy and organised.

    pretty plates.

    Have a lovely day. I'm trying to make time to hoover the grass (honestly), and scoff a cornetta whilst reading Martha Stewart Living magazine. Bought it on Friday and still haven't even looked at it. The latest vogue arrived too, oh, it's a tough old life! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well 2 days of clearing and de-cluttering and the house already looks as though nothing has been done. I think I will just have to accept that people live here and it will never be a show home, which isn't what I want, but for it to stay tidy for a few days would be nice.

      My Prima magazine arrived this week and I've not even flicked through it yet. I think the best way of reading it is going to be running a bath and locking the door haha. xx

      Delete
  4. Arg this comment vanished! I was saying that your TV prog sounds right up my street but I already watch too much to as it is! I can never catch up either. The other night we were watching something off the planner and an advert came up for a Tom Hardy season of films coming on. I got all excited until the HG gently reminded me that what we were watching was from six months ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny about the adverts. I do it with the news at the end of a programme, (just those few minutes when it continues recording). Some major disaster comes on and I comment and Mark will say that happened 2 weeks ago! xx

      Delete