Saturday, 11 June 2016

Birthday and Breakout

Just a quickie before we start getting ready for St Annes.

Yesterday was centred around birthday celebrations. Things are rushed in the morning at Number 38 so we decided to wait until Thomas got home from school to do cake, cards and presents. I ordered this cake topper which is perfect for Mark with his love of watches and put together a little buffet to tide us over until we ate later on.
Breakout was really good. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for something different to do. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to escape but we found the majority of the clues. The maximum number of people that can take part is 5 and other groups there were all adults, so I don't think we did bad considering we were making sure Thomas found a few things and had fun. We'd definitely do it again. The rating difficulty of the room we chose was 4/5 so just for the thrill of escaping, next time I'd go for a 3/5 one. I thought somebody was actually in the room with you but I'd got that wrong. They watch you from outside and throw a few clues in via a CCTV link if you're very near but just not quite getting it.

Right, off to pack for our night away now. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. 

xxx



6 comments:

  1. fab cake! I'm glad the day went well and now you are having a lovely weekend :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all lovely thanks Sadie. Mark enjoyed everthing we'd planned and so did we! The cake was delicious :) xx

      Delete
  2. How nice of you to find the appropriate cake topper for him! I would have been tempted to go with an everyday value sponge cake like he got for you! :D My daughter has done the break out room thing with her friends and she loved it. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made of point of doing a 'special' cake, just because Mark's effort was so poor lol. The breakout room was fantastic. We'd go for a slightly less difficult one next time because I think Thomas was disappointed we didn't get out. Still lots of fun though. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I missed this one out ( I'm back to the beginning now! )
    Love the cake topper. What a fab thing to do - reminds me of The Crystal maze game! I'd be rubbish at it though! Have a great rest of your weekend X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think we'd be that good but we'd definitely go again, it was really good fun.

      Completely by fluke I ordered a topper of a watch Mark has (didn't have a clue, but I'm not telling him that, because of course I put loads of thought into it to make sure it was right lol). xx

      Delete