Saturday, 4 June 2016

A quiet but not totally uneventful day

It's been gorgeous here today and the first thing I saw out of the kitchen window this morning was the clematis which had flowered overnight.

Mark and Matthew finally got away at 12 noon, so not too much later than they were hoping to set off. They've gone to Wales and are staying in a hotel tonight. Tomorrow they're having a day of personal gun tuition. Mark didn't have a clue what he was doing and was really pleased when he found out. He shoots every week at an indoor range so being outdoors using more powerful guns will be right up his street.

I've taken the opportunity of him not being here to have a bit of a change around and a de-clutter. I feel like I'm drowning in caravan stuff, knitting and sewing at the moment. So this week I aim to finish off the dolls and pencil cases, get them posted and clear the decks and my mind.
As usual my table became the dumping ground but I made a concerted effort to clear it so that I could spend an hour on the jigsaw. Typically one straight piece slipped through the net.
And although it's been quiet a couple of things have rocked the boat ever so slightly at Number 38. Wendy isn't well. She's obviously picked up some bug from the kennels which has resulted in me having to give Amy one of the new duvets meant for the caravan. I'll leave the details to your imagination.

Amy has lost her maths paper that she's supposed to have ready for the tutor on Monday. We've turned the house upside down looking for it but it's nowhere to be found. There have been a couple of mini strops but I've managed not to rise to the bait. 

And Thomas sat on the remote control and I couldn't get the TV to come back on. Eventually I had to ring Mark and we spent 30 minutes on the phone sorting out which buttons to press to get it back on again. 

Seems we're going through a phase or minor nuisances lately. Ah well, such is life. 

xxx








8 comments:

  1. clematis flowers are so pretty, and I do like how they suddenly show up overnight. Part of their charm.

    Ah, boys and their toys!

    ooh, those little minor annoyances are so, well, annoying! Life is in the details, even the little ones that are sent to test you.

    Party ready here. Am worn out already. Bill decided it was fine to spend the day with his mum as usual, so stupid here was left doing everything. Oh, was I stroppy/sweary/annoyed? hell, yes! It has been a long day. Wine. there is wine. And tomorrow, after the girls have gone, there shall be more! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if Bill is anything like Mark he probably thinks everything you've got to do will only take half an hour, because of course everything is done when they're not around, so they only see the end product not the time and effort that's gone in. But that's men for you :)

      Hope you've had a lovely day, will be popping over later to see if you've managed to post any photos, although I certainly don't expect you to get around to it tonight. If I were you it would be feet up and a few glasses of wine while patting myself on the back for a job well done. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm pleased Mark and Matthew got away ok in the end. I hope they have a fantastic time. I hope Wendy is very soon on the mend and that your nuisances disappear. Isn't life just like that sometimes? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're having a brilliant time Jules. Last night he e-mailed me a photo of the room, his meal and him having a drink! Today he's sent a quick text saying it's fantastic.

      The dogs are coming round but not quickly enough for my liking! Hate dealing with anything like that. Yes, I seem to be on a roll of minor nuisances at the moment. Mum says it's all to do with touching the stones at Avebury haha. xx

      Delete
  3. Your clematis flower is beautiful. Glad to read that Mark managed to go on his weekend trip without too much of a delay and he's enjoying himself. Too bad you have to deal with the dog being sick and other minor annoyances. Hope everything gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely isn't it. My honeysuckle has buds so I'm waiting excitedly for that to flower now. Mark had a brilliant time and I'm so glad because Matthew put a lot of effort and thought into it. We just seem to be going through a patch of things going wrong, but none of it is major stuff and I'm sure (fingers crossed), it'll all pass soon. xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clematis. I had a purple one. But it didn't come back. Not sure why! I bet you've nearly finished your jigsaw by now. Hoping daily life is gremlin free now! These things are sent to try us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still only done the border of the jigsaw, but hoping to get a bit more done this week. The clematis is gorgeous and the honeysuckle has flowered as well. Mum used to cut her clematis right down when the time was right, not sure if that's the secret? xx

      Delete