Monday, 30 May 2016

Time to be here!

I didn't think I'd have time to blog today with getting ready to go away, but here I am. 

Mum came down this morning with part of my birthday present. She'd ordered it online and it came yesterday so she wanted me to have it. I chose it myself and I can't wait to get started on it. There's not been a jigsaw on the table for a few weeks now and this one is perfect for summer.
My s-i-l also popped down with chocolates and a book. The eagle eyed amongst you will notice 3 have gone already.
I've cut and pressed 25 pencil cases ready to be sewn sometime next week.
We also managed to squeeze in a shopping trip to Middleton for some caravan necessities. I don't want to have to remember to take half the kitchen with me every time we go away, so we're buying everything we think we'll need, although no doubt the first thing I do need will be something I haven't bought. 
I've made our packed lunch for the journey tomorrow. It's a job I don't particularly like doing but I dislike paying for overpriced rubbish at service stations even more. I'll add some crisps and drinks tomorrow morning and that should see us through when we get the munchies.
First job of the day tomorrow will be dropping the dogs at the kennels. Then it'll be back home where hopefully Mark will have packed the car, Amy and Thomas will be dressed and we'll be ready to go. 

Not sure if I'll blog tomorrow or not. Sometimes I like to write about what we've been up to on the actual day, other times I prefer to leave it until I get home. 

xxx


25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. We enjoyed ourselves although there was a little mishap with Thomas. xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous jigsaw. Happy Holidays xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really can't wait to get started on this jigsaw. I've sorted my straight pieces out already in anticipation. xx

      Delete
  3. Have a great holiday and a fabulous birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. I had a lovely day and in the main the holiday was lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. You always seem to fit a lot into your day Suzanne. I hope you have a wonderful time away and have a very Happy Birthday. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. I do flit from one thing to another quite a lot. I'm not a real lover of getting out and about doing things on a daily basis, but I like to have lots going on at home that I can dip in and out of. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks MMC. The visit to Avebury was cut short but never mind, means I get to go back and finish it off at some point in the future :) xx

      Delete
  6. How fun. I just found your blog a week ago. Enjoy it very much. Have a great trip and looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Crystal and welcome to Number 38. Glad you like the blog. We had a lovely time away, not without a mini drama but you'll get used to that if you carry on reading. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm panicking for you, I don't see a corkscrew! Argh! Come one people, it's vital! ;o)

    Lovely jigsaw, and I don't judge you for scoffing the chocs. That's what they're there for!

    Have a fabulous break, remember to relax. And Happy Happy Birthday to you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes my priorities are definitely wrong Sadie. Pots, pans and even a cheese grater but no corkscrew, what am I thinking.

      I had a lovely birthday thank you and our trip was fun, one of those we'll look back on and always remember, especially where Thomas is concerned. xx

      Delete
  8. come on. not come one. See? Totally gone to pieces due to the thought of not being to uncork wine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jigsaw I hope you enjoy it and your holiday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to start the jigsaw. It's been a while since I did one and this just jumped out at me. Hoping to get it on the table next week when Amy and Thomas are back in school. xx

      Delete
  10. Have a good time! And blog about it later.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Avebury and remembered you said it was a special place for you regarding good news :) xx

      Delete
  11. Love the jigsaw puzzle!

    Have a lovely holiday and enjoy yourself. Blog as and when you feel like it. :)

    Happy birthday, again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to blog but couldn't get Thomas off the computer, plus I had 2 lunchtime glasses of wine which is a killer for me. Very enjoyable though. xx

      Delete
  12. Fantastic jigsaw! Have a good holiday and a happy birthday. Look forward to reading your blog about the caravan.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pauline. Oh, there will be lots of caravan tales and no doubt the odd mishap to report. Should make for interesting reading haha. xx

      Delete
  13. Finally caught up! Off to Sadie's now!! ) X love your blog X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rachel :) Sadie has been busy with Violet's party celebrations which look and sound fabulous by the way. xx

      Delete