Saturday, 21 May 2016

Saturday

Took a snap of this snail today making it's way slowly up the garden chair, while thinking I could do with taking a leaf out of his/her book (they're hermaphrodites), and slow down a bit myself.
So far we have booked weekends away at Blackpool and Southport in the caravan. We decided this morning that our first 'long' holiday will be Moreton-in-Marsh and we'll be going for 5 nights. As it's in the Cotswolds we should be able to squeeze in a visit to my sister in Cirencester and brother in Cheltenham. And it's only a half hour drive away from Stratford upon Avon as well so a visit there will be on the cards.
Please, somebody tell me they're as untidy as me when crafting. I start off all neat and tidy but within minutes I'm surrounded by mess. 
Not wanting to leave the boys out I'm knitting up a few Crazy Critters for them.
Amy went to Manchester with her friend and came back with Hama beads. This is the sort of craft I'd have loved doing with her when she was little but she didn't have the patience or the ability to sit still for longer than 5 minutes back then.Finally, at 16 years old she seems to discovered both, particularly excelling in the not moving department.
Thomas is different and spent quite a while stood next to her making a man holding a sword. Then his friend called for him and guns and gel pellets took over. During one of their running in and out sessions, the front door got left open and Wendy escaped. Thankfully Amy managed to catch her but it was a mad 10 minutes of the boys running around shouting her name at the top of their voices, shoes on to try and help get her back, plans of you go this way, I'll go that way, coming back for chocolate drops then back again because we needed her lead. 

And it doesn't help that she's got nothing between her ears. I don't even think she knows her name yet and she's 2 next month. Never mind, she's sat here next to me now fast asleep as though nothing ever happened. 

I think maybe of glass of rose may very well be on the cards tonight. 

xxx









14 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about those bead things - I remember loads of fridge magnets and the rest on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to do them at after school club so even though Amy let me down big time on the crafting front I got my fix there. It was fine until the children picked them up to leave them on the windowsill to be ironed. Plonked down and all the beads would jump off. A complete nightmare at times. xx

      Delete
  2. a busy day in your house then! Nice plans you have for your caravan adventures (you have to name your blog posts Four go adventuring in a caravan'!)

    Love your knitting creatures.

    Yes. I am as messy as that when I'm busy creating. It's totally allowed. Creativity has to be messy. Just look at Jackson Pollock. Can't tell me he up with that sort of thing by being all neat and tidy and not spilling paint down the front of his shirt!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another messy crafter. Not feeling so bad about it now. I've also managed to lose 3 darning needles, no idea where they are but I have a sneaky feeling they've fallen down the side of the settee. Can't wait to start our caravanning, no doubt there will be adventures and misadventures galore. xx

      Delete
  3. I wonder if we'll meet you at Blackpool South? We'll be there from 23rdJune to early July? We have been to Moreton many times and also to Broadway. Only been to Southport once but it's recently been expanded. Hope our paths may cross one day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't decide between Moreton or Broadway but we finally settled on Moreton. Never been to Southport but Blackpool was like a second home to us when we had the last caravan. We'll just miss each other by days at Blackpool but the world is a small place isn't it :) xx

      Delete
  4. That's great that you've already booked weekends away and a long holiday! Sounds like you are all set to enjoy your caravan!

    Good that you managed to catch Wendy before she got lost! Sounds like you had quite a team effort to get her back!

    And yes, we are all messy when we start to craft! I sometimes remember to keep a waste basket close to me when I am sewing, etc., but not always. Add a curious cat to the mix (he likes to lie on top of whatever I am working on and bat at things so they roll off the table) and half the things end up on the floor, under the table, and so forth! Love the crazy critters for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be a fair few messy crafters out there so I'm in good company. It's just when you watch something on youtube everybody seems to be able to work so neatly. Wendy can sense when I'm settling down to knit. Before I pick up the needles she's sprawled all over my lap and refused to get off.

      Really looking forward to our trips. Lots of pages have been turned over in the book already for where I want to go. xx

      Delete
  5. Those crazy critters are great. Flo loves those bead crafts, trouble is I am not very good at ironing them - too cool and they don't stick together, too hot and you melt them and the peg board! We have quite a few unusable boards because I have had the iron too hot - OH seem to have the knack so I leave them to him now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've struggled a bit ironing them. Amy did a full block of teddy bear which was fine, but Thomas's did a stick man which was hard to fuse together. No melted boards though thank goodness! xx

      Delete
  6. Does anyone craft neatly? I never managed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if there are any neat crafters out there I'm certainly not one of them. I don't know how I manage to make such a mess in such a short space of time, but I seem to excel at it. Hope you and all the family are well. xx

      Delete
  7. I had to chuckle at the craft table because it looked like there'd been a murdiddlyurderous massacre! Knitted bodies strewn everywhere! I am not a fan of Hama beads. Been there, bought the t shirt, picked them up off the carpet!
    Sounds like you need the full bottle of wine let alone a glass!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at the photo and it does look like there's been a knitted doll massacre and a few scalpings as well! Yes, a fair few beads dropped on the floor which is wooden, so they were bouncing all over the place. They just got swept up and put in the bin. Getting them out in school is worse though as you probably know! xx

      Delete