Sunday, 22 May 2016

Running out of titles so.....Sunday!

We've been having problems with the laptop for a few weeks now. The fan has been overheating and whenever it's been on the noise has been horrendous. The technical department finally decided to do something about it this morning and after a visit to Maplins and an £8 purchase it's now running perfectly.
I popped into Asda while we were there and picked up this glass bowl. Remember the roses I wanted to dry out and use for something? 
Well here they are. I'm aiming for a vase full over the next few weeks. 
I haven't done any reading for ages and have a stack of books to work my way through. I chose this to start me off. Nothing too taxing, just a light frilly read, that I'll probably finish in a week.
And I've just ordered a takeaway. We've not had one for weeks so this is a nice Sunday evening treat along with a glass or rose and an episode of Peaky Blinders.

Hope you've all had a good weekend. 

xxx





10 comments:

  1. Sunday is fine for a title.............as long as it is Sunday!
    How do some people come up with brilliantly witty post titles all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea. I might just have a week of titles and do Monday-Sunday. Rachel over at Eternally 28 always manages a great sign off at the end that makes me laugh. xx

      Delete
  2. Sunday as a title is perfect! Glad the laptop is fixed! I've just started another book from my ma in law who gets them off a lady who gets them off a lady etc. I'm getting a bit worried about all these pensioners - the books I've had lately are all really gruesome murder mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom loved the real thing and passed me a couple that were horrible. Not the sort of thing I'd expect him to read at his age or indeed pass on to his delicate d-i-l. One was about real life murders but they were horrifyingly descriptive. Must be an age thing. xx

      Delete
  3. Those dried roses look lovely!

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. My stocks have been a bit disappointing. They haven't lasted very long and are all droopy bar 3 stems. I'll be back to roses this week. Kill 2 birds with one stone as they say. Flower for the house followed by flowers for the vase. Hope you are keeping well. xx

      Delete
  4. blimey, that's brave to do that with the laptop yourselves, I would not dare. I've messed my sewing machine by trying to 'fix it'.

    the roses look pretty. There is something so beautiful about dried, faded roses. They have a look I really love.

    Hope the takeaway was good :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's had the back of computers a few times to 'have a look'. Don't think we've ever had to scrap one yet because of what he's done, but Big Bad Baz up the street is a whizz with things like this, so we can always hand our mess over to him to sort out. I love these rose. I think it's because they're 2 colours. Hope you are having a good week. Getting behind on my blogging and reading at the moment. xx

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a good Sunday evening schedule. The roses look perfect in their glass display. I'd never have thought of doing that. Well done on all the laptop fixing. Does your technical department fix fans in ovens by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd have a go, but he's a bit bish bash bosh about a lot of things so you'd have to sign a disclaimer! What he is good at is research. He'll spend ages reading and watching youtube so he knows exactly what he's supposed to be doing. Takeaway and wine was very nice indeed. We were gluttons with Peaky Blinders and have run out of episodes now :( xx

      Delete