Tuesday, 3 May 2016

My Sleeping Is All To Cock

There's something going on with my sleep pattern. Usually I go to bed, lie awake for a couple of hours go to sleep, then struggle to wake up in the morning. Lately, I'm in bed and asleep pretty much straight away but between 3am and 3.30am I just ping awake and feel like I could get up and start the day. I don't obviously, but I'm thinking maybe I should because it's gone 5am before I can drop off again. I'm not worrying or thinking about anything, so I don't know what's going on, but staring at the ceiling for 2 hours in the middle of every night is becoming a little bit tedious.

I've found a use for my 'deranged face' teddy. He was that freaky looking that I've unpicked his features, turned him upside down and I'm using him as a pin cushion/voodoo doll. Only kidding. There's nobody I dislike that much.
I'm feeling the need for change of decor which I expect is down to it being the beginning of a new month. I'm veering towards a row of rainbow coloured vases on the shelf, something like this, or maybe candles. I love colour in the house so it's got to be something bright and cheery. And as much as I love my silver themed fireplace I think that needs a makeover as well. 

The taggie pile is growing nicely. Another 3 to do and they'll be ready to send off. 
And I've got another mini project on the go. Today I've been Frankensteining knitting patterns. This is a dress based on the teddies I knit and the cardigan pattern that I'm doing at the moment. Hopefully by tomorrow a face will have been added. 
And if it doesn't look too deranged I might even show it to you. But don't hold your breath!

xxx






8 comments:

  1. oh, blimey, I can hardly type for laughing. I am chortling at your voodoo bear! Poor little bear, all stabbed to death with colourful pins.

    Like the colourful vase idea. It's nice having a shelf or mantelpiece to change over and reflect season or mood.

    Hm. interesting you should say that about sleep. Been doing something similar. Though I have had a few things on my mind which could contribute. And Dudley for whatever reason has been shouting at around 2 a.m most mornings just to wake us up. Little toerag. I pretend not to hear so Bill has to deal with him. ha ha.
    but that aside, I'm still doing similar thing to you, waking up all properly wide awake at Stupid O'clock. This morning I woke up sharply at 5.30 by laughing in my sleep. Dreamt that Bill and I needed to walk on a path around a pond, inside the pond pumpkins were growing under the water, so Bill decided it would be better to stand on the sunken pumpkins. One broke and he got drenched. I stood and laughed at him, which is exactly what I'd do in real life! Anyway. The laughing was real, and woke myself up.

    On that bombshell, I am away! night xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely time for a changeover. Don't want to do something obviously summery yet, it feels too early, especially with all this wet weather, but I need to do something.

      Animals! We used to put the dogs in the kitchen at night but Wendy went through a stage of barking at 1.30am - dead on! I'd only been asleep for an hour so it was a real nuisance getting out of bed and letting her out before she woke the rest of the household. Now they both sleep on their blankets on the landing and we don't have any problems.

      Sorry to hear you have things on your mind. I hope you manage to get them sorted out.

      The dream really made me laugh. I have a vision of Bill hopping from one pumpkin to another. I've woken up laughing a few times but I couldn't tell you why now. That happy feeling stays with you for the day though doesn't it. xx

      Delete
  2. I seem to go through cycles of insomnia and like you feel ready to get up n get all the jobs done but of course I don't! Then I drop off around 5 and struggle to then wake up at 6 feeling like a zombie . Intrigued by the Frankenstein knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know from your blog you can be awake in the middle of the night as well. It's a nuisance. If there was just me in the house I'd get up and do some sewing or cleaning (seriously, I feel I could do that at 3am), but then everybody would be up, so I just stay put. But it is so boring and very annoying that when you finally nod off it's time to get up. xx

      Delete
  3. It's hard when the sleep patterns change, isn't it? Hope it sorts itself soon.

    Glad you found a use for the deranged teddy! Looking forward to seeing what the knitted dress turns out to be. Very creative of you!

    I think a colorful arrangement like the rainbow colored vases would be very nice for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is annoying and I know you're struggling at the moment as well. Maybe we should start an 'insomniacs only' blog haha.

      The deranged teddy has come in useful, I've been wanting a pin cushion for ages but haven't got round to buying one. It will save them rolling all over the table and onto the floor now.

      I love colour. I'm going to ask Mark to take me shopping next week to see if I can find anything. Don't want to spend too much though. 7 colours could soon mount up! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, the problem sleep thing. I've gone from years of chronic insomnia to waking every couple of hours or so. No advice to offer, sadly, though maybe you could stick something on the ceiling so you have something to gaze at (though probably best not to put one of the deranged teddies up there or you'll never get back to the land of nod). If it's any consolation, I can't sew teddy faces for toffee. Mine always end up bug eyed and sad mouthed, looking like they need a course of anti depressants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The image of your teddies popping pills has made me laugh. The sleep thing is a pain. I've read it can be a side effect of the menopause which I seem to be in the throes of at the moment. In fact I thought I was halfway there iykwim but when I went to see the nurse it has to be 2 years if you're under 50, it's only 1 year if you're over. So I've a way to go yet for it to be official. Don't fancy staring at the ceiling for another 18 months though! xx

      Delete