Sunday, 17 April 2016

What we've all been doing today

I had another spurt of energy this morning. This could be the case for a couple of weeks then one day I'll wake up and it'll be gone, so I make the most of it while I can. Today I used it for cleaning the stairs and landing. I hoovered and wiped down all the woodwork, including the  skirting boards, door ledges, all the door panels and the pictures. Then I sat down and didn't really move again for the rest of the day apart from to iron school uniforms.

The rest of my Sunday was spent sewing and knitting and Mum also came down for a coffee. I'm finding the lid of my box very useful. It keeps everything in one place and is easy to work from. The biggest benefit is whenever I need to get up (which ironically seems to be every 5 minutes when I've sat down to do sew), I just pop the tray on the side rather than having to move everything off my lap.
In a creative moment I decided to mix up the colours, only trouble is I've no idea what to put in the middle now. Maybe a check or a stripe? I'm not sure. 
Amy's Sunday was spent mostly revising for exams but she also bathed Wendy and Sparky who smell much better than they did. 
Thomas' Sunday was spent playing with his remote control car, in his games room and giving me palpitations. I'm quite often met with this as I go upstairs, although I've become more blase about him falling, so much so that I went and got the camera to take an action shot. 
And Mark has been pottering about doing whatever men do at the weekend which seemed to involve a lot of snoozing.

The offer on the caravan wasn't rejected, but we haven't bought it either. Somebody else put an offer in this morning and it was accepted. It's fine. I'm a big believer in fate and although I'm certain the site is for us, the caravan obviously wasn't. We're going back soon to have another look around to see what other plots and homes are available. If it's meant to be it will happen in its own sweet time. 

In the meantime, thought you might be interested to see a glimpse of what we could have had.


xxx











15 comments:

  1. I don't know if that is Wendy or Sparky in the bath but he/she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've replied but it's ended up at the bottom of the page for some reason. Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We're sure he's human. He seems to understand every word we say! His nickname is colonel mustard. Xx

      Delete
  3. My goodness! That picture of Thomas balancing on the stairs gave me palpitations, too! Was he being Spiderman?

    Sorry you didn't get the caravan you looked at, it looks nice and spacious inside; but, hopefully, the right one will come up for sale soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his new talent. He gets into all sorts of positions on the stairs lately. Yes shame about the caravan but it wasn't meant to be. I'm sure we'll get one soon enough. Xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you didn't get the caravan. It will happen in its own good time. It looks very swish. The patchwork is looking lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we just have to bide our time. I'm really enjoying the patchwork and it doesn't really take too long to make a flower. Xx

      Delete
  5. It's sparky. Wendy was running around like a fool trying to get dry when I took this. He belongs to Amy and can be a right nowty bugger at times but he's like putty in her hands. He's only really happy and settled when she's at home. He definitely has separation issues. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Sunday! Pity about the van but likeyousay it wasn't meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, great believer in fate. Something better will come along or something will happen before we buy one that will make us think, "can you imagine if we had the caravan". It's all in the lap of the Gods as they say. xx

      Delete
  7. Spiderman on the stairs gives me chills just looking at the photo! Pity about the caravan (looks like a right home from home by the way, very cosy), but love your attitude. The One For You will come along soon I'm sure.

    Got Violet home today. not even a week back at school and I've had to book her in for an emergency appointment this afternoon. Stomach pain that makes her cry it hurts so much. Being a mum, I just think it's a poo that's needed, but she gets so upset by it I need to get it checked out.
    Kids!

    Hope you are having a good start to the week. Ooh, by the way, I opened the MM fabric squares last night ( you get thirty), and there is a really selection. Totally recommend it. If I get a chance this week, I'm going to pick up my hexys again ... you've inspired me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww poor Violet. Hope she's OK. I used to suffer with grumbling appendix. Started when I was about 14 I think. Some people say there's no such thing, but whatever it was it used to leave me curled up in agony. Was admitted to hospital a couple of times but nothing ever came of it.

      I don't know if you've ever visited Bless' blog but she's made a lovely quilt with hexy flowers. Having looked at hers I'm going to add another border to my flowers to make them bigger. I'm really enjoying it and I'll definitely have a look out for the magazine. xx

      Delete
  8. All go in your house. I'd like a static caravan but Mikes wants a pull along snail one. I hope you find one soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a pull along as well. I think Thomas was about 3 when we sold it. We had some fantastic weekends away and to be honest if there wasn't so much work involved in setting up the awning etc. we'd do it again. Statics are lovely these days, but finding the right site is harder than it looks. xx

      Delete