Saturday, 16 April 2016

The Cheshire Set meets Gavin and Stacey

We went to visit a site today and 'it's the one'. The road right up to the entrance is in Cheshire, the site is actually in Wales, hence the title.
The first plus was we actually got out of the car to look around. The second plus is we can have proper Wifi connected, an absolute must for Thomas, and the third plus was we even looked inside a holiday home which was lovely. This is the view from the decking. 
In fact we've put a cheeky offer in and to be fair after her initial jaw dropping reaction the Sales Manager gathered herself and said she'd ring the owners and put it to them. Whether they accept or not is up to them, but even if they don't I think the search has now ended and we'll bide our time until another suitable one on here comes up for sale. 

We set off back home in bright sunshine and arrived back in Manchester to rain, hailstone and sleet.

Hope you've all had a lovely Saturday and the weather has been nice where you are.

xxx






11 comments:

  1. Oh I can see why you are smitten!! Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely site. I think we'd be hard pressed to find another that suited us but never say never. Unfortunately, we didn't get the caravan. Somebody else put an offer in. But it's fine, what will be will be. Do you still have another week off school? xx

      Delete
    2. I do!!!! So because my friend came round for coffee after tea, I'm not watching The Durrells on ITV plus 1!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you've found the ideal site! Hope the owners accept your offer! That would be lovely. When will you find out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found out today and we didn't get it. But it's fine. We're not about to start getting into a bidding war. You lose so much money on them and there are so many stipulations when it comes to moving off site and re-selling that we know exactly what we're looking for financially and from the license point of view. I'm sure it will happen, just not yet. xx

      Delete
  3. hurrah, you've found 'it'. I'm happy for you.

    Day of rain, rain, rain, here yesterday, but you know I'm not complaining about that :O) This morning I've woken to sunshine and a sharp frost. Love Spring time in England.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would say we've 99.9% found what we're looking for. We just need to find the right home and plot now, which I'm sure we will do eventually.

      Haha, I know how much you like your rain, but I was bit taken aback at the sleet. It's amazing how we can get through the 4 seasons in one day in the UK isn't it. xx

      Delete
  4. Yay! That does look lovely. I hope you get something there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MMC, it is lovely and I'm pretty certain we'll get there soon. Just not in the caravan we saw yesterday. But I'm a believer in things happen for a reason, so that one obviously wasn't meant for us. xx

      Delete
  5. How exciting to have found the right spot, fingers crossed you're not waiting too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous. Is the weather guaranteed to always be like that too? X

    ReplyDelete