Thursday, 28 April 2016

Hearing Test/APD

It was a quick trip round Lidl this morning as Amy had her hearing test at 10.30am. Not that it takes long to do the shopping anyway, 40 minutes max usually. There are 5 aisles in Lidl so it's hard to spend hours in there, unlike some of the bigger supermarkets. My healthy treats today were raspberry and peach tea bags and some plums. 
I also picked up 3 geraniums. No chance of me going out to plant them up though. It's been pouring down and it's freezing.
Amy's hearing test went fine. Her hearing is within the normal range although she seems to suffer from APD (auditory processing disorder), which sounds quite dramatic doesn't it, but basically it means she struggles to hear people if there's background noise or a group of people all talking at once. It's just one of those things and there's nothing that can be done about it.  

At the table tonight Thomas was telling us he'd read a book at school about a man who is a micro-sculptor. He couldn't remember his name so I looked him up and he's called Willard Wigan. You may have heard of him, he sculpts things so small they can fit inside the eye of a needle. Anyway, while I was looking up his name I discovered he's got an exhibition at Manchester Central Library in May, so I've booked some tickets and we're off to have a look on Saturday.
And that's about it for today. I've been sewing more taggies, playing topple with Thomas and reading blogs. 
We're not going dancing tonight. I'm freezing and straight after tea I put my PJ's and housecoat on. I really don't feel like getting dressed again and going out. It doesn't start til 8.15 either so it's quite a late class. Instead I'm going to snuggle up on the sofa and watch Kirstie and Phil who I have a bit of a soft spot for. He only has to smile and I'm smitten.

xxx


11 comments:

  1. That's very good with the treats. I would have gone straight for the chocolate :-). Glad the hearing test went well. I'm just about to settle down with Kirstie and Phil too. He definitely has a certain appeal. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, did I not mention the vanilla crown, ooops! Yes, hearing test was good news. All medical appts seem to be over and done with for the time being now. Phil won last night! But why were those girls brushing hair and putting on hairspray in the kitchen? Couldn't work out why they weren't doing it in their bedrooms. xx

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm that tea sounds yummy! I bought another box tight of the B6 Boost ones. On offer. With lime! The HG thinks I'm developing OCD over tea bags! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're like a sniffer dog tracking down all these delicious teas! I've still not tried the licorice. My raspberry and peach is nice, but the St Clements you sent me takes some beating. xx

      Delete
    2. They are Twinings St Clements. I think they are one of my top three flavours too! In fact - I've got one now!!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear your daughter's hearing test went well.

    Lovely looking plants! Send us some of that rain, please!

    I looked up the micro-sculptor and read up a bit about him. Amazing works of art!

    Stay warm and enjoy your evening in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you some rain and snow if you like. We woke up to the white stuff this morning although it didn't stick around for very long.

      Yes, Amy was relieved she didn't have a hearing problem. She had visions of having to wear big hearing aids for the rest of her life. She just needs to find ways of focusing on what's being said to her without getting distracted by what's going on around her which is probably easier said than done.

      Can't wait to go and see the exhibition. Apparently he's actually inhaled some of his work by accident! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my, those teeny sculptures are incredible. And how lucky to be able to go see them in the flesh. The mister here has been buying plums, too, but he makes such a racket when eating them he may well end up wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to going Liz and especially as it'll be the four of us. There's not many things that catch the attention of us all but this has.

      My sister and brother have a problem with people eating crisps and apples. They make their kids go out of the room haha. xx

      Delete
  5. once I'm in my jim jams there's no chance of me getting dressed again either. Especially when it's cold the way it has been lately. Don't blame you at all for not going out to 'trip the tight lanfastic' (Quoting a squiffy Mrs Slocombe for you there!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was way too cold and miserable to go out last night. I was much happier staying snuggled up on the sofa. All I needed was a pussy to stroke (quoting Mrs Slocombe back at you hahahaha). xx

      Delete