Friday, 29 April 2016

Friday and Saturday Plans

We woke up to the white stuff this morning although it didn't stick around very long. I can't decide which is more unusual for April, snow or the warm weather we had last week.
Mum's car is off the road for a couple of days so I picked her up then we went into Middleton. She bought a few bits and treated Amy and Thomas to some chocolate and I bought a book for Little L to go with the finger tattoos.
I spotted some red pillowcases but I'd not been to the cash machine so Mum bought them and wouldn't take the money, which means she's sponsored at least 12 pencil cases :) 
After dropping her off I came home, made lasagne and did some sewing. Amy's maths tutor is coming twice a week now so we had an early tea. Mark said he doesn't mind McD's once a week with Thomas but he can't face going twice. Not sure if it's the food or the fact that Thomas fires incessant questions at him for the hour they're out. 

I'm sat here listening to the maths tutor and Amy and what she knows is actually quite astounding. It's like they're talking a different language. It's also equally astounding that he's just asked her what 7x7 is and she's replied 42!!! He says she's really good on the majority of things, but she's also the Queen of silly mistakes. 

I'm off to Manchester with her tomorrow shopping for her prom dress and shoes. Hopefully we'll find something pretty quickly. By quickly I mean within 3 hours. I'm not a lover of shopping and know my limitations. Plus we want to go to the cinema and eat out so we need to fit that in as well. We've decided to watch Eddie The Eagle, so we just need to decide where to eat.
Hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend. 

xxx


  

8 comments:

  1. Oh, snow! At the end of April! Brr!

    I'm glad you were able to find the red pillowcases and your mother bought them for you to sew. I'm sure it made her feel good to be able to participate in the project.

    Have fun shopping with your daughter for her prom dress. Hope you find the right one without much difficulty.

    I remember watching Eddie the Eagle at the 88 Winter Olympics! He was quite a phenomenon! I didn't know there is a movie! Hope you and Amy enjoy watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, the shopping went well and we found a dress. Didn't go to see the movie, it wasn't on until 7.15pm so we would have had to hang around for a few hours. Shame, as I was really looking forward to it. Yes, there's never been anybody quite like Eddie since haha. xx

      Delete
  2. That's one film I really fancy going to see! We escaped the snow but it's chuffing cold out of the sunshine! I've just caught up on housework, laundry and adminy type things today! The HG returned from his morning at the Fishing Shop Open Day via the supermarket with a bottle of Blue Sapphire Bombay gin! And a bottle of tonic! I enquired as was he Intending in getting me drunk?!! I don't even drink! Well, not in the house. It's gone in the cupboard for a high day or a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a gin and tonic, I find it a really refreshing drink. I've done a few bits in the house but only because I don't feel so guilty when I sit down to do something crafty. Job of the day was to hoover down the stairs. The trade off for that was watching a film. I chose The Dressmaker. Really enjoyed it.xx

      Delete
  3. Hope the shopping goes well!

    Ah, the snow. We've had 'wintry showers' this week, which has included splats of snowy stuff, and rock hard hailstones. The weather is madness. That said, I'm loving it. It's all drinking tea and lighting candles for me when it's grey and cold.

    Hurrah to the red pillowcases. That book is so familiar. Violet went through an absolute obsession with those books a while back!

    Hope your Saturday has been fun, and you enjoy the film. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie, Shopping was a great success. Amy found a dress and shoes so she's sorted. It's not my favourite pass time so I'm relieved we don't have to repeat the process.

      I think Amy read the fairy books and I know Cathy Cassidy's Chocolate Box set was a real favourite as well.

      Didn't watch the film in the end. Shopping was over and done with before we knew it and the film didn't start til 7.15pm. Too long to hang around. xx

      Delete
  4. Rainbow Magic books - oh yes - Flo had a real thing for those a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books are hard to choose I think but I just went with the thought that most little girls like to read a story about a fairy. xx

      Delete