Saturday, 23 April 2016

Crafty and Medical Week Ahead

Apart from a quick trip to Middleton for a few bits and Thomas' sausages, today has been spent mooching about the house sorting out all the crafty bits I seem to have on the go.

First up, the front of the cardigan is done and my aim this week is to knit up the 2 back sleeve panels.
After receiving the photo of the children in Uganda I just had to start another batch and picked up a couple more pillowcases from Wilko. I've cut and ironed the first 6 and hopefully I'll be able to get these sewn up this week as well.
I've also decided to have a go a making baby taggies. No self respecting baby seems to be without one these days. My two didn't carry anything around with them, but my nephew had a special blankie and the label was definitely his favourite part. All you do is very very securely sew pieces of looped ribbon around the edges in between 2 pieces of material. They're supposed to be good for sensory skills and as a comforter. I'm hoping to get 3 done this week.
And I've also got my hexy project on the go. The next colours I'm using are blue scrappy bits from the pencil cases, then possibly lemon.  

It's really interesting arranging the flowers into patterns and trying to decide what to do next. I think I've decided on the pattern below as my centre piece.... I think!
In between all these crafty projects I'm back to see the nurse for my lifestyle check on Monday, Thomas has his hospital appointment for his leg on Tuesday and Amy has an appointment for her hearing test on Thursday. At some point I want to fit in another Middleton visit with Mum, quite enjoy our trips and coffee chats and of course the usual things like shopping need to be done.

So, a busy but 'nice busy' week ahead of me. Quite looking forward to it.

xxx



12 comments:

  1. One good thing about having several craft projects on the go is, if you get bored with one, you can work on something else, instead. :) I love arranging and rearranging my quilt pieces!

    You do have a busy week ahead, but glad it's "nice busy" and you are looking forward to it. Hope the lifestyle check goes well and the results are all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Bless. It's not how I usually work but having a few on the go means I find myself moving from one to another and never getting bored of any of them. They were all in a bit of a muddle last night, but I've gathered them all together, sorted them out and also seeing what I've got to do on the blog has tidied my mind up. I can't function if I have a cluttered house or mind haha. xx

      Delete
  2. The cardigan is so sweet and your patchwork is looking fab. I can only seem to manage one project at a time.
    I hope all is well at your various medical appointments this week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Jules. Well in the words of wise old Willy Wonka, 'one is enough for anybody' lol. Plus you have a little one; don't think I did anything crafty at all when mine were small. I usually do one thing at once, but for some reason seem to have several bits on the go which isn't how I usually work. But as Bless says, it keeps me from getting bored. When I've had enough of one I just move to the other. xx

      Delete
  3. Nice busy is good busy :O)

    Love that cardi! You are clever. I wish I could do that sort of thing, but I really can't. The baby taggies are good too. I don't recall them when Violet was a baby, but what a good idea.

    Lucky kids to have more pencil cases heading their way. I can understand your keenness for cracking on with making more. Violet is sitting with me as I type this, so I just showed her the photo so she could see the kids with the other ones you made.

    You are good with your hexy sewing, to think of a pattern right at the start. I just sort of toss mine together and mix them up, I don't have the patience to create a pattern. Yours is going to look so good.

    Have a gorgeous Sunday. No sleety snow here as yet, but it's certainly been chilly and I can see it's grey out there.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Sadie and Violet. Hope you are both enjoying your weekend. The cardi is so easy, no counting or increasing/decreasing. I've run out of lilac wool though so it's on hold for the moment. Only realised last night when I went to start another sleeve. So annoying.

      I don't think I'll sew the hexys together just yet. I'm not sure how the other ones I make will fit in and then there's the fillers and borders to sort out as well. Want to make sure it looks OK before I join them together.

      I'm up to speed with all my chores, even the ironing, so I think craft of the day will be the pencil cases.

      It's sunny but cold here as well, although thankfully there's no snow; I'm so over it haha. Enjoy your day. xx

      Delete
  4. The little cardi is so sweet. Are you following a pattern? Or just making it up?
    The colours are very adorable together. I'm just off to the garden centre to buy my annual hanging basket for the front door. The plants though are not in bloom yet so I'll have to take pot luck with the colours....hope for blues n purples ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the idea for the cardi from the Knit for Peace website. It's based on a housecoat they make from squares. I've just knitted in blocks rather than squares and the actual pattern is from Ravelry.

      We usually get our baskets the last week of May, 3 for the back, 1 for the front. I've made them up myself in the past but it's a lot cheaper to just buy them. We got ours from Netto last year and they were £4 each. No point going to the trouble of doing it yourself for that price. Fingers crossed for blues and purples and no yellows! Hope your first day back went smoothly. xx

      Delete
  5. What lovely projects you have on the go.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly keeping me busy. Today I'm knitting. I've done one sleeve and I'm just about to start another. I usually work in a more orderly fashion but I'm enjoying have a few things on the go.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Tomorrow is taggie day. I just need to buy some ribbon from Bury then I'm set to go. Never made any before so can't wait to see if they turn out OK. xx

      Delete