Sunday, 20 March 2016

A,B,C,D,E,F,G

A is for abandon

I couldn't think of anything I'd done to start with this letter so I abandoned the idea.

B is for Bulbs

Took Mum shopping on Friday and she treated me to these bulbs. Dutch Iris, Freesia and Double Begonia. I don't usually have much luck with bulbs, no idea why, so we'll see what happens this year. Mum prefers white in her garden, I prefer a blast of every colour under the sun wherever I look. 
C is for Cakes

Dropped Mark in Manchester Saturday afternoon for some sort of watch meeting/drinking session. Came home and decided to make lemon drizzle bundt cakes. I love these little cases with their designs and they only cost £1.99 for a box of 6. I'm going to fill the remaining ones with mixed berries and we'll have them with a cuppa this afternoon.
D is for DVD

I've treated myself to The Lady In The Van. I never did see it advertised at the cinema, but I really enjoyed the book so I'm looking forward to watching this.

E is for Easter

My brother, s-i-l and niece are visiting Mum next weekend for a couple of days. I don't usually bother buying Easter Eggs for his family as they live in Cheltenham and I don't think they'd survive the post. But this year Little L, will be getting a Thorntons Butterfly one. 
And talking of Easter, I've been getting prepared for the Easter Egg Hunt.


F is for Floricide

Which actually means killing flowers, but you get the idea. I'm sorry to say I've managed to kill off the rose Thomas gave me for Mother's Day so I've replaced it with this little Kalanchoe. It's a succulent and apparently needs very little care so hopefully it'll last longer than its predecessor.

G is for Getting Ready

This week my reading book is 'Elizabeth is Missing' which I'm really enjoying. My book choice for the holiday is 'My Mother's Secret'. I really need to start getting organised this week. We usually go away in the summer and I keep thinking I've got weeks ahead of me to get everything ready. I've done my 'pool' bag today. Beach towel, pool dress, book, sunglasses, lotion. It's a start.
The weather is lovely today. This afternoon I'm going to plant some bulbs and we're going to take some flowers down to Tom's grave.

Only 4 days left before Amy and Thomas break up for Easter Hols. I really do love Easter and all it stands for. It's just very early this year but there's nothing to be done about that, so I'll have to get my Easter head and Holiday head on this week. I'm sure I'll cope. 

xxx

















10 comments:

  1. A - abandoned any hope of doing all the jobs I told myself I was going to do
    B - not eaten any for a week and truly feel better for it
    C- Card - I must find a lovely one for Miss 21's new home
    D- debate - in class this week, the made up situation that I told my class was real had them up in arms and they produced some amazing work. "Apparently" the staff had been discussing 15 minute lunches.
    E- Easter - looking forward to a four day week of Holy Week activities at school then a four day weekend!
    F- Friday 8th April - I'm going to see Muse at the MEN and my tickets just arrived!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE
    G- Grinning - linked to E!
    I bet you are so excited now about your holiday!! Send us a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the things you have on your alphabet list and I can quite understand your excitement over E.

      I am looking forward to our holiday. I just don't like the getting organised bit before. Plus with it being Easter weekend we have a couple of family things on so I won't have as much time as I thought. But I shall endeavour to live in the moment and enjoy them rather than thinking, I need to get on now and do this, that and the other. xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I did wonder if you'd not eaten for a week and couldn't fathom how that would make you feel better lol. xx

      Delete
  3. A is for 'And so for today's blog post...' What a nice lot of lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that would have been a good one. I couldn't think of a single A thing I'd done. I've watched the DVD which was really good. Just got to get my head around the holiday packing and then find 34 hiding places for the eggs and chocolate rabbits! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll cope too. That cake certainly looks good. Thought of you on Friday in TK Maxx, when I spotted a couple of bundt tins :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not managed to have a mooch in TK Maxx. Time seems to be slipping away from me again. Was planning to do a lot at the weekend but with it being Easter family events are on the cards so I'm going to have to pull my finger out sooner than I thought haha. This is the part of going away I detest. Getting ready and organising everything. Ah well, mustn't grumble, it's a means to an end I suppose. xx

      Delete
  5. That cake looks good. I do like cake - a lot! A proper holiday. How exciting. I think half the fun is the preparation. What to take, what you need to buy. I'm excited for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance you could come for a couple of sleepovers this week Jules? Then you can do all my prepping for me. I'm not even thinking of packing until Sunday/Monday and it's more likely to be Monday. I will be going through clothes this week though, which is the bit I hate. But I don't think PJ's will cut the mustard so I'll have to bite the bullet and get on with it.

      The reason I'm still carrying my bag of spuds around with me is because of cake. I really should not eat as much of it as I do, but what's life without a bit (lot) of enjoyment here and there. Plus for the one week a year I get the cozzie out I'm not prepared to give up as much of the good stuff as I obviously need to! xx

      Delete