Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Wine Tired

A typical diary entry today. One liners that sum up what I've done.

...Lovely weather, blue skies, sunshine and not too cold.

... Did a few jobs and a bit of sewing. The machine behaved itself today. 

... Met my 2 amigos for lunch, our usual half term get together. Lunch was long and included two bottles of wine which at night is bad enough, at lunch time it's a killer - hence being 'wine tired'.

... Arrived home to find Mark putting his coat on because Thomas had just 'left home'. I'm too 'wine tired' to relate the story but he is home safe and well having made it to the lampost just across the road in his PJ's, housecoat and black school shoes.

... PJ time now, possibly a bit of knitting and Happy Valley.

xxx













6 comments:

  1. blimey.
    I love being wine tired, because it makes a drama so less dramatic! I mean, had you not been happily fuelled by wine, the thought of your little boy scooting off, leaving home in his jim jams and school shoes might have made you panic a smidge! But no. A touch of wine, and it's 'ah, he'll be back'! ha ha ha!

    I take it all is well, and the leaving home episode is all forgotten.

    We started off with a cold frost (no snow, pah), then it was coldness, blue sky and sunshine. I miss the trad old winters, when you knew you'd get a decent dollop of snow.

    Hope you are having a lovely cosy evening xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw him across the road as my friend's husband dropped me off but assumed he was calling for his friend to come over, but no, he'd left home, little monkey. All is well and within 5 minutes he was back. It was cold and had started to rain! I remember leaving home about 5 years old with my nightie under my arm. I got as far as the corner before I changed my mind. xx

      Delete
  2. Little Thomas setting off in his housecoat - it's a good job you were wine tired, else you might be hitting the barrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the first time he's left home and he can't have much cared for it because he was back in a few minutes. I bet by the time he'd walked across the road he was already missing his home comforts and his Xbox. Kids - no stamina these days haha. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad all is now well with Thomas. I left home once when I was small, I sat on the front garden wall for over an hour - well, I wasn't in the house so technically I had left home. Can't imagine why my parents refused to take my protest seriously! Ah, wine tired - that's a good tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All a storm in a teacup as they say MMC. Sitting on your wall sounds a safe way of leaving home I'd say. Was it a spur of the moment decision or did you pack anything to take with you? Wine tired is a good tired, but no more vino this week. I've drunk more than my fair share. xx

      Delete