Friday, 5 February 2016

Time On My Hands

Lately, Friday has become the day when I pretty much have the house to myself and I love it. It's become a day of quickly whizzing around doing bits and bobs so that over the weekend nothing much needs doing, then the rest of the day is all mine. Home Alone. Perfect. 

So, what do I do with my time? Well nothing very much really. A good chunk of jigsaw was done, a fair bit of reading took place, I printed my 'clocks' for the craft project and several cups of tea were drunk. 
I didn't even want to spend time preparing anything for lunch so I put two pieces of bread in the toaster, opened a new pot of jam (there's something lovely about opening a new pot of jam don't you think) and had jam on toast.
It all came to an end at 3pm when I had to go to Middleton to meet Amy at the opticians. Her eyes are slightly worse than last time, enough to warrant new lenses. She chose a new basic pair that she's entitled to at no cost Yippee! and she decided as the ones she's already got aren't even a year old to just have new lenses put in, at a cost of £90 Boo!

I poppped into Wilko on the way home and picked up 3 frames for my 'project'. I ordered these filigree clock hands from Ebay a couple of days ago and they arrived this morning.
For Amy and Thomas' clocks I wanted to put names and dates on the border and thought about those sticky alphabet sheets but couldn't find any so did the old greaseproof paper tracing trick.

Then I put the printed clocks in showing the times Amy and Thomas were born. They could have done with being a bit bigger but they'll be OK. I also set the pocket watch to 4.26am which is the time Matthew was born. I'm struggling with reflections at the moment which is why you can see me in the glass. 
And here's Amy's and the clock hands which I also put into a frame. I want to add just a couple more things then I'll take a picture of it all.
I'm off up to see Mum now but I'll be catching up with all your blogs later on tonight. 'Speak' to you soon. 

xxx




11 comments:

  1. love it. It's all looking just perfect, and what a precious idea.

    I love a day to myself once I've got things sorted out. My day this week was Thursday. Finished all my 'must do's' by 10.30, then retired to my bedroom to watch telly and surf the internet until school time. It was fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A couple more things and then I think I'm there. I love having the house to myself, the lack of people moving around is one of the things I like most of all. TV and internet sounds good, especially knowing all your jobs are done. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you. A couple more things and then I think I'm there. I love having the house to myself, the lack of people moving around is one of the things I like most of all. TV and internet sounds good, especially knowing all your jobs are done. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm just getting used to the house on my own too. But for a different reason. When I got home from WI meeting last week there was a note against the kettle and an emptied wardrobe. A lot to get used to after 29 years. (and our last child left home last September).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that. Was it completely out of the blue? How awful to come home to an empty house under those circumstances and after so many years of being together. I hope your family and friends are able to support you and you absolutely must come back here for a chat whenever you need to. Sincerely wishing you all the best. xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry that last comment was a bit off topic but I desperately felt the need to tell someone. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologise. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. You must drop by for a chat whenever you need to. The comments are often better than the blog and often make me laugh, so please join in and don't be a stranger. xx

      Delete
    2. Many thanks for your kind words, they are much appreciated. I've been following your blog for a while and it is lovely. (He had been strange and extremely increasingly difficult to live with for several years but I always stuck with him - "for better or worse" and hoped things would sort out. He would never discuss any problems so we didnt even have a good row to clear the air but it was totally out of the blue)
      Hope you had a good time at your Moms (did you have a fancy coffee?) Tganks again. X

      Delete
    3. It's a shame you couldn't talk to get things sorted out one way or another.

      Glad you enjoy the blog. Writing it has become part of my daily routine now and if I miss a day it feels strange. Yes, I had a posh coffee at Mums and we put the world to rights. I also came home with a plate of her delicious flapjacks :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh after reading the sad comments from the WI lady, I am mindful of be careful what you wish for. I never or rarely have the house to myself and often wish for it. Hmmm. That said, it is half term after five more days at school and it'll be the first one where I'm really house to myself mode. Can't wait. Love the time pics. I've not forgotten the sundial pic. Next post I promise X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I only want to be on my own for a while not permanently, so it is sad what she wrote. Half term has come around quickly, before we know it, we'll be at Easter. Oh yes, if you get a minute post a picture, I'd love to see it. xx

      Delete