Thursday, 4 February 2016

Surprise Parcel

I went to see my friend this morning. She's had her bunion operated on. Ouch! She's hobbling around wearing a bit bootee thing and will be off work for at least 6 weeks. As much as I love her I had to draw the line when she got her phone out to show me the op and hid my head under the cushion. Anyway, we had a good catch up over coffee and crumpets and we've arranged for her to visit me in the next couple of weeks. 

When I got home I had a parcel waiting for me. It's from the lovely Liz over at lovethosecupcakes. 
Sending me the book was kind enough but the chocolate was a lovely surprise. Liz has given me the OK to eat this because and I quote "it's diet friendly because it's thin". She's definitely my kind of diet buddy :) I've decided one square per chapter is acceptable. However, I'm a quick reader and can get through a fair few chapters in one go so don't expect it will last very long. 
The Greek costume is all but finished. I gave up looking for a piece of scrap material, bit the bullet and bought a new cushion cover which I then cut up to make the sash thingy. I just need to sew it at the bottom and it's done. Thomas didn't want anything on his head so the only accessory I had to make was the bracelet (thank goodness for toilet roll inners). I didn't ask him to pose but he's got the Greek stance down to a T don't you think. 
And just for Sadie, who has posted a lovely picture of her hyacinths, here are my alien-like ones. No idea what's going on with these this year, but I'm thinking of donating them to the botanical science department for experimentation.  
In the meantime, somebody needs to love these ugly monstrosities, so they'll stay at Number 38 for a while longer.

xxx





6 comments:

  1. oh blimey, I can hardly type for laughing! Those hyacinths! Alien is the right word for them! :O)

    The Greek costume is a total triumph! Fabulous job. And yes, the noble stance is perfection.

    I would not want to see a bunion op in graphic detail either! Crikey! And that chocolate is totally diet friend, because it's organic. Fact.

    ;o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I bet I'm the only one in the country with alien hyacinths. Everybody else seems to have beautiful ones! Pleased with the Greek costume - the fact it's finished more than anything.

      I probably didn't explain the bunion thing very well, it wasn't the actual op, but she wanted to show me what her foot looked like afterwards. NO WAY thank you very much. Like I said I love her to bits but feel no need to share that part of her life with her lol. I'm the most squeamish person you could think of and once fainted watching a programme about babies in special care. They showed a little one with a tube up it's nose and that was it, I was flat out. I was only 12 though and have gone on to have 3 ops myself plus Thomas had to have a feeding tube when he was born, but there's a lot of things with the kids I've sent Mark in to do while I've stood outside, especially if needles are involved.

      Wasn't I lucky getting the book and the chocolate. Not telling you how much I've eaten so far ;) xx

      Delete
  2. friendly. diet friendly. Was distracted, Bill has just started singing 'My Love' and it's not good! :o/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, he's obviously practising serenading you for Valentine's Day. Amy gets in the shower and screeches the whole time she's in there. It's horrendous. And she's in there for ages. xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely to get a surprise parcel! They are the best kinds! I think your hyacinths are 'special' ones! Bet they blooming stink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how lucky am I. A book and chocolate, it couldn't get any better. I've no idea if they smell or not, they scare me and I'm not going near them in case they are triffids in disguise and they gobble me up. xx

      Delete