Monday, 1 February 2016

New doors, droopy flowers and music theory

Thankfully, it wasn't raining this morning and although it was still damp it meant the new patio doors we'd ordered could be fitted.
I left Mark to deal with this and went into Middleton with Mum. Top of the list of things to buy was glue for Betty's head but the stuff I bought didn't work so I'll have to buy some more. I also bought some new pillows and Amy and Thomas' Easter eggs. Minstrels for Amy and Maltesers for Thomas. 
I'm afraid my tulips were beyond rescue and even the iced water Sadie suggested didn't help although if I'd known to try it straight away it might have made a difference. They're definitely a bit of a poor show this week. 
And the hyacinths aren't much better. I've no idea whey they're so spindly. I thought there were supposed to be loads of flowers all crammed together.
I've been flicking through the music book which I thought would have some little tunes in for me to play but it's all theory so I'm going to have to buckle down and get to grips with notes and beats etc. I'll definitely need some help from my niece with this side of things. 
Thomas has to dress as a Greek next week and take a foam pizza base in for some project or other they're doing. I think World Book Day is looming as well and then there's the Easter Egg competition, so it's a busy few weeks making this and that.

And I've booked our break away in Avebury. We're going on my birthday which falls during spring half term so that will be a nice treat. We're doing our usual Premier Inn routine and will stay in Chippenham for a couple of nights and travel over to Avebury for the day.

I've recorded Vera so I'll be settling down with a brew very soon to watch it. But right now I'm going to have a look at some blogs to see what you've all been up to. 

xx










6 comments:

  1. sorry, but I am laughing like a loon at your spindly hyacinths! I bought 3 in a pot from Asda for £2 just over a week ago, and they are glorious. So I can recommend them.
    Your tulips are droopy. Personally, that's how I love to see them, but I know what you mean about them being to droopy. So refreshing them didn't work, so here's what I'd do now. Cut them short, shorty, short. Use a small vase sort of jam jar sized, and have the heads of them not much above the top of the jar. That way They'll have a lot of support. And lose some of the leaves, that might help. It's worth a try. I am forever cutting down my fresh flowers, to try and get them to last as long as possible. The other handy tip I have is to use gyp. You can use it for flowers like tulips to sort of lean against by pushing them through the gyp.

    mmm. chocolate.

    And another trip away!? Honestly lady, your life is constant gadding about! ;o)
    Glad you've got weather fine enough for your patio doors, nice to get that job done.

    have a pleasant evening, happy flute practicing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hyacinth are freaky aren't they. I bought them from Lidl last year and they were lovely, so don't know what's going on with them this time. Oops, the tulips are in the bin! I usually cut my flowers down to get another week out of them but they were annoying me and I'm glad to see the back of them.

      That's it for trips away now. Lanzarote, Ireland and Avebury is more than enough. I'm led by Mark who is always wanting to go away somewhere or other. Sometimes it's the last thing I want to do, all the packing and organising and dog sorting and I'm knackered before I've set off, but I aim to please. Plus it's better and easier than moving abroad which is what he really wants to do!!! xx



      Delete
  2. Those tulips did look rather sad! Easter Eggs - you are organised! How do you stop yourself eating them and having to buy more for the children? A question which obviously give a less than flattering insight in to the way I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been caught out in the past when I've gone to buy eggs a couple of days before Easter Sunday and the shelves have been empty so I buy them early now. I've never opened an egg but me and Mark have gorged on a selection box or two before now. xx

      Delete
  3. Well planned ahead, aren't you? I don't know what to pick up for mine.


    The foam pizza base has me bewildered. What are you going to do with a foam pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've absolutely no idea about the foam pizza base. I think from what Thomas has said they mean the polystyrene type base you get on a bought pizza. Which means I've got to buy a b*****y pizza that I don't want that has a b****y specific base on it. Teachers and their wonderful ideas drive me up the wall. The costume is bad enough but they always want that little bit extra. And all I'll probably do is throw whatever he makes in the bin anyway. So annoying. Rant over! xx

      Delete