Sunday, 7 February 2016

Manchester and Table Tennis

Went into Manchester early afternoon with Mark to do a bit of business. If we'd have realised it was Chinese New Year before we set off we'd have left it until another day. As it was it was only when we were sat in the middle of a traffic jam on Deansgate that it dawned on us something was going on. These beautiful Chinese lanterns hung up all over the place were a bit of a give-away.
The business part took all of 10 minutes and we had a 20 minute walk but the whole outing took over 21/2 hours. Needless to say I came home feeling drained and strained.

After a nice cup of tea, I let off a bit of steam with a game of table tennis with Thomas. Our rally record is now 30 hits without missing the ball. 
It's been dry and windy here so I've managed to get some bedding on the line. Just need to iron the school uniform and then I'll be settling down to Call the Midwife. 

xxx






7 comments:

  1. Meant to tell you, I found the land of the vanilla crowns today and I bought one, declaring to the HG, Suzanne at No. 38 likes these!!! About to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I talk to Mark about people on the blog and he has no idea who I'm going on about. Did you enjoy the vanilla crown, could just eat on myself with a cup of tea. xx

      Delete
    2. They are so yum, it should be illegal to sell them!!

      Delete
    3. Sorry Rachel, but I wouldn't be signing that petition haha. xx

      Delete
  2. 'to do a bit of business'! You sound like some dodgy dealer! ;o)
    Fab photo of the lanterns.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was watch business. All he needed was a long overcoat with them all sewn on inside and you've pretty much got the picture. xx

      Delete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    best ping pong net

    ReplyDelete