Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Getting ready for the hols

Amy is on a get fit mission for the holiday, so she dragged the treadmill in from the shed last night. She does loads of walking on a day and sometimes goes running with her friend but she wants to do a bit more exercise. It might inspire me to get on it now that it's back in the house, then again it might not!

Anyway, this is an action shot of her running and Thomas holding a packet of popcorn in front of her as incentive! I love this little room that we converted. It might be small but it's surprising what goes on in here. It's where Amy, Thomas and friends go to play Xbox or watch TV, it's my flute room, a dumping ground for crafty stuff, holding bay for Mark's photography equipment, the laundry room and now an exercise room. It's worth it's weight in gold and means the lounge stays clutter free. Looking at this photo it's my stuff that's making a mess so I need to tidy up.
I didn't need much from Bury today but I went to the indoor market and bought some bits from the haberdashery stall. Bargain of the day was found in TJ Hughes, a pair of plain pillowcases for £1. They're a decent quality as well and they had loads to choose from. I got lemon for more pencil bags.
My getting ready for the hols didn't involve any exercise at all. Instead I  bought some shoes and flip flops. I'm very much a creature of habit. I've bought these same shoes for the past 3 years but they are so comfy I couldn't be without them.
On the way back I posted the teddies and worked out that I could send 42 for same price it cost to post 7 so I'll build up a stash of them before the next parcel gets posted.

The maths tutor came tonight. It was histograms, graphs and angles this week. Touch wood Amy seems to have taken to his style of teaching and it seems to be sinking in. 

I had my flute lesson yesterday. I've missed a couple of weeks but I'm back in the swing now. My new note was 'middle D'. It's not easy and I had Mum crying with laughter yesterday at the faces I pulled trying to hit the note. Trouble is once she starts laughing I only have to look at her and I'm off as well. My niece earned her money yesterday just putting up with us two. 

xxx











7 comments:

  1. That photo is hilarious!! I lolled at Thomas holding the popcorn! Good on you Amy! I've got a twist stepper I might get out. It's buried under piles of my crafty crappery!! Pretty shoes, foxy flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a cracking sense of humour, way beyond his years in some areas! I've not been on it yet and it's only 10 steps from where I sit, that's how much I hate exercise. I give no thought to flip flops at all and just pick up the first pair at the front of the shelf, but they are a bit Bet Lynch aren't they lol. xx

      Delete
  2. Go, Amy! I tend to do that sticking to the same style when buying footwear, too. All the flute playing is bound to be burning loads of calories. Not to mention all the laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so comfy. I'll be devastated when they stop making them. The flute playing has proved how terrible my lung capacity is. I can't hold a 4 beat note yet but I'm working on it. It's probably quite a good work out in that respect and yes, I'm sure I burned 1,000 calories laughing, so really it's quite mean of Rachel not to send me any shortcake! xx

      Delete
    2. Ok ok ok already! I'll send some, I'll send some!!!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha. Maybe you shouldn't. I seem to be eating far too many naughty things as it is. Then again, if you've already posted it...... xx

      Delete
    4. I'll have to go shopping for more ingredients!

      Delete