Sunday, 14 February 2016

A Drive Out

I don't often give recommendations but today I'm going to recommend that if you're thinking of watching the film Noah, don't bother. It was the most boring, drawn out, mumbling, drab, colourless film I've seen in a long time and to add insult to injury it lasted 2 hours 20 minutes. Rachelradiostar tried to warn me but I didn't listen. Wish I had. 

My prediction of snow was wrong. In fact it couldn't have been more off the mark. We woke up to blue skies and sun and it's not as cold as yesterday either.

Which means, we're having a drive out to Cleveleys for a walk along the front, fish and chips and 10 minutes in the arcades. 

We're just waiting for Amy to come back from her friends and then we'll be off. 

xxx





8 comments:

  1. IT is a gorgeous day! We are watching the rugby inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a gorgeous day from the inside looking out. It was freezing at Cleveleys, the sort of cold where your face is completely numb after 2 minutes. We enjoyed it though, especially the fish and chips bit. xx

      Delete
  2. What a shame about the film. Hopefully your walk today has made up for it. I hope you wrapped up warm. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh it was chilly over there Jules. Mark and Amy strode ahead leaving me to bring up the rear with Thomas who is a really slow walker, so I was out in it twice as long and boy did I know it.

      It was one of those films where you think, I'll stick with it, it's got to get better, but doesn't! xx

      Delete
  3. it's so annoying when you watch a film and think 'that's a couple of hours I'll never get back again'. But noted, wasn't going to watch it but now I know I not to bother anyway.

    Enjoy your drive out and your fish & chips. it's been freezing here today. The sun was out, but by jingo, that wind was so cold.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't bother Sadie, it was terrible. I can't think how films like that get made. It was so dull in every sense of the word.

      We had a lovely time at Cleveleys although it was much colder outside than it looked. The sun and blue sky completely hoodwinked me. Certainly blew the cobwebs away. xx

      Delete
  4. I've read a number of bad reviews about the film, one concluding that the book was better! We've got snow here. Not bragging at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have your own personal snow cloud. Just as we pulled onto the drive last night there was a slight flutter and that was it.

      The person who reviewed the film was spot on, the book was definitely better! xx

      Delete