Saturday, 13 February 2016

10 minutes and counting

I'm on a countdown with this post. Thomas has found a new game on the computer where he can build a house and put furniture in it. He's wittering in the background to 'hurry up Mum' I want to do my kitchen". I said "I'll only be 10 minutes" and he's only gone and put the oven timer on. How's that for a stress free post! 
There's not much to report anyway as it happens.

This morning I went into Middleton with Mark then this afternoon I went back with Amy to pick up her glasses. We got a 'free' pair and decided to put lenses into her old frames, but its still cost me £125. While we were there she picked up a leaflet advertising hearing tests. She's convinced she has a hearing problem but Boots won't test her because she's under 18. We're at the Doctors on Monday for something else so I'll mention it then. Anyway, I said "blimey Amy, blind and deaf, all you need now is a limp" and we just cracked up laughing. I'm sure the optician thought we were on something. These are her new specs, and to prove she isn't vain, she didn't like any in the ladies range so these are men's, but they actually look OK on her.
The teddies are addictive and I now have 3 in my teddy bear family.
The sewing machine hasn't come out, but I've been measuring and cutting. Told you I was untidy.
Tonight we are on takeaway and Mark has recorded the film Noah, so that's our evening sorted.  

And that's it, the buzzer has gone off and Thomas is hovering. I'll be catching up with what you've all been up to later. Much later I expect, when he's in bed.

Hope you've had a lovely day. It's been bitterly cold and dry here so I predict snow.

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh lord, my HG made us watch Noah. I feel for you...
    It promised so much, and even though my TV husband Ray Winstone is in it, I was BORED OUT OF MY BRAIN watching it!
    We've had chips and egg for tea! I'm chuckling because your adorable teddies made me think about the 80s - and leg warmers!! . Can't wait to see them with their faces in.Hope Thomas's kitchen was awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no don't say that. It's about 3 hours long as well isn't it! I'm on the iPad, forgot we had one as Thomas claims it all the time lol. Yes he's done his kitchen but still won't give me the computer!

      I love egg and chips now I want that instead of my pizza, with lots of bread and butter to make butties.

      Haha yes the teddies do look like extras for fame don't they. Need to order some wool off eBay or look in bury. No black wool to be had anywhere in Middleton. Xx

      Delete
    2. Did you make it through to the end?!!!

      Delete
    3. Just about, but I felt like putting a noose around my neck! What a dreary, boring, colourless film. xx

      Delete
  2. blimey, a ten minute limit! That is pressured!

    McDonalds here. We had the Mickey Mouse bacon Clubhouses, but they seemed to have forgotten the bacon and grilled onions! ha!

    I love those glasses. Yes, Amy, add the limp and you've got the full set!

    Loving seeing the bear family grow, you can certainly churn them out :O)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I did it! Maybe I should have him on my shoulder more often. I can come on here for 10 minutes and an hour later still be sat here.

      Laughing again at Bill ordering his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I don't think my post children bladder would have held out if I'd heard that.

      Amy is knitting a bear now as well. She can probably see the stitches now she's got new specs. xx

      Delete
  3. Love the glasses Amy! She will look very studious in them! We went to a surprise 25th birthday party last night for our granddaughter. It was at her mom and dads. There were over 30 people, all in that age bracket, there. Garry wears hearing aides so it was just like a loud roar for him as it was quite noisy with all those people. We stayed for 1/2 an hour and said our goodbyes. We only live 2 blocks away so we were home in no time, feet up, watching tv. Ah, much better, must be getting old! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like peace and quiet these days as well. Nice to go and spend some time with your granddaughter on her special day though.

      There was an old man at church who was always adjusting his hearing aid depending on whether we were singing, the vicar was talking, the organ was playing etc. I don't think he ever got it sorted for one thing before we'd moved on to the next.

      We mentioned Amy's hearing at the Doctors tonight and he just said "the thing is if you are slightly deaf, all we can do is give you hearing aids". Amy's face was a picture. xx

      Delete