Saturday, 23 January 2016

Somewhere Sunny

Mark is cold and I quote "in desperate need of sun" (he's such a drama queen), so a holiday abroad is on the agenda. Not one of our month long driving ones though. Amy and Thomas don't like being away for that long any more and as much as I love the travelling, I get homesick as well. So this morning we booked a one week package to sunnier climes in the Easter Holidays. Amy and myself are very nervous about the flying part and we seriously considered just sending the boys, but we've dug deep into our courage reserves and have decided we are going with them.
I nipped into Middleton today for a card for my nephew's 18th and picked up a new make-up bag and a jar of 'posh' coffee. It was actually the cheapest branded one on the shelf by a couple of quid which will no doubt make it taste even nicer.
I also spied these, so cannelloni will be on the menu this week. I expect they've been on the shelves for years, but I've never seen them before. 
We debated going out but couldn't decide where to head to so ended up at Sainsburys buying new swimming trunks for Thomas (I didn't realise how much he'd grown until I saw him at the gala last week), and cakes to go with the posh coffee. I cut my slice of carrot and walnut in half but after this weekend I will be watching what I eat. 
Easter is very early this year and swimming costumes only have so much stretch in them. 

xxx


8 comments:

  1. you are always gadding about! I'm sure you'll be fine flying and will have a glorious time.

    That's the coffee I like to buy, even better if it's on offer.

    Funny thing about kids though, don't you think? They just suddenly grow and then you look at them and trews are waving around their ankles, sleeves up around their elbows. Then we feel bad for not realising sooner. We had to rush out to get Violet some new shoes after school one Monday because over the WEEKEND her feet grew, and her shoes were too tight on Monday morning. I had to send her in wearing boots and explain to her teacher it was just for that day. Felt like such a crappy mother! Little rotters, growing when we're not looking.

    That cake looks good. I'm trying to cut down, I feel far too lumpy and bumpy, and there is no way I'd be in a lycra swimming cossie any time soon! :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate flying at the best of times, throw terrorism and being at risk of a DVT into the bag and I'm a nervous wreck!

      The coffee is delicious. I'm not a big coffee fan but occasioanlly I get the urge. I stick to one a day though as I have to have a sugar. So it becomes my treat.

      Thomas grows sideways before he grows upwards. So he becomes a little pudding for a few weeks then will shoot up in front of my eyes. We're going through the pudding stage at the moment. Amy used to be the same, but she's just a skinny minnie now. I don't know when Thomas' feet last grew. I think he's been a size 2 for a couple of years now. Amy was size 5 at his age!

      The cake was very nice but I'm going to watch what I eat now. She says! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm having a last hurrah today too. Then a two week trying to not snack/shove highly calorific crap in my mouth, then i've a meal out! It's a never ending battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Battle is the right word. I wouldn't mind if I knew for a fact being good would guarantee losing even 1lb but it doesn't. And I want to lose the weight permanently so any quick fixes like juice diets etc. don't appeal to me. I know as soon as I started eating normally it would all just pile back on. But I am determined to lose my bag of potatoes haha. xx

      Delete
    2. Good luck! We can maybe spur each other on!

      Delete
    3. We should do that. I'm going to do my weekly weigh in post again on Mondays. It'll be nice to spur each other on. xx

      Delete
  3. you are very quiet. Hope you're ok. Come back soon, you are missed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine thanks Sadie, just had a quiet day yesterday and there wasn't much to blog about. My new hobby is up and running so I'll be posting later on. Nice of you to care and take the time to ask, it's very much appreciated :) xx

      Delete